Rome (20 October, 2016) – McDermott Will & Emery’s Italian Energy practice has been shortlisted for LegalCommunity’s Energy Awards 2017 in four practice categories and six individual lawyer categories.
The LegalCommunity Energy Awards, now in their fourth year, aim to recognize legal excellence and extraordinary achievements in the Italian energy sector.
McDermott’s market leading team scored multiple nominations in the following categories:
- Project Finance Law Firm of the Year
- Project Finance Lawyer of the Year – Marco Cerritelli
- Renewables Law Firm of the Year
- Renewables Lawyer of the Year – Carsten Steinhauer
- Antitrust/Regulatory Law Firm of the Year
- Antitrust/Regulatory Lawyer of the Year – Veronica Pinotti
- Energy & Utilities Law Firm of the Year
- Energy & Utilities Lawyer of the Year – Carsten Steinhauer, Massimo Trentino and Veronica Pinotti
The winners will be announced at the annual awards ceremony which will be held in January 2017 in Milan.
A panel of independent, distinguished judges including general counsels and members of Italy’s business elite will review the information received from all shortlisted firms.
“We are delighted to receive so many nominations”, said Massimo Trentino, head of the Firm’s Italian Practice. “They are a testament to the hard work, dedication and first-class reputation of our partners and reflect the depth of our experience in advising clients on Energy, Project finance/PPP and Antitrust/Regulatory related matters”, he added.
Italian-based LegalCommunity is the first legal interactive multimedia platform for lawyers in commercial practices as well as clients in the country's wider investment community.