For the third year in a row McDermott achieves recognition in IFLR1000s Financial and Corporate Guide. Receiving 16 rankings, McDermott maintains leading tier positions in numerous transactional focused practice areas.
McDermott’s US practice maintained rankings in five practice areas: banking and finance (formerly bank lending), M&A, private equity, project finance and restructuring and insolvency.
McDermott’s German practice has maintained positions in five practice areas: capital markets – debt and equity, M&A, private equity, restructuring, with one client praising the Firm for its aircraft finance work, noting: “They are excellent – very responsive and knowledgeable in this area of practice.” The Firm’s capital markets work is also rated by clients, one said “The firm provided advice of very high quality”…. “Several partners distinguished themselves for their client service…. Combined, this makes for the firm being a definite go-to relationship firm.” One client recommends the Firm’s Düsseldorf corporate team “The breadth of knowledge coupled with the practical counsel is as good if not better than anywhere in the world I have experienced.”
McDermott’s French M&A practice has been praised by clients for its “wide experience of serving different businesses” and “ability to gather exceptional teams and individuals for the needs of clients”.
McDermott’s Italian Corporate practice has regained a position in M&A ‘other notable firms’ category, and this year has received a new ranking in Restructuring and insolvency tables in ‘other notable firms’ category.
McDermott’s UK Corporate practice maintained positions in M&A and Private Equity tables, one M&A client describes the service as “very detailed and efficient, a highly professional and impressive service from start to finish”.
Our rankings include:
– EU – Competition – maintained Tier 4
– France – Mergers and acquisitions – maintained position in ‘Other Notable Firms’
– Germany – Capital Markets – Debt – maintained position in ‘Other Notable Firms’
– Germany – Capital Markets – Equity – maintained position in ‘Other Notable Firms’
– Germany – Mergers and Acquisitions – maintained Tier 4
– Germany – Private Equity – maintained position in ‘Other Notable Firms’
– Germany – Restructuring – maintained position in ‘Other Notable Firms’
– Italy – M&A – regained position in ‘Other Notable Firms’
– Italy – Restructuring and Insolvency – ‘Other Notable Firms’ (new)
– UK – Mergers and acquisitions – maintained Tier 5
– UK – Private Equity – maintained Tier 5
– US – Banking and Finance (Bank Lending previously) – maintained Tier 5
– US – Mergers and Acquisitions – maintained Tier 5
– US – Private Equity – maintained Tier 4
– US – Project Finance – maintained Tier 5
– US – Restructuring and Insolvency – maintained Tier 5
Click here for full details on all the Firm’s rankings and editorial commentary or visit IFLR1000 at http://www.iflr1000.com/JurisdictionFirm/2418/6/McDermott-Will–Emery.html
Established in 1990, the IFLR1000 is a guide to the world’s leading financial law firms focusing exclusively on corporate finance and transactional law. Rankings and editorial commentary are based on independent research conducted by dedicated teams of journalists covering over 120 jurisdictions worldwide.