Milan (5 November 2011) — International law firm McDermott Will & Emery announced today that it has relocated to a new office in Milan, following an exceptional 12 months for the Firm in the context of growth, expansion and relocation of offices in seven cities worldwide.
Previously located in Via A. Albricci, 9, McDermott’s Milan practice have relocated to new offices in Via dei Bossi, 6. The new space is located within the heart of Milan's business district and is close proximity to many of our domestic and international clients. Via Dei Bossi has been designed internally to ensure that it is representative of McDermott’s commitment to excellence, both in our service to clients and in ensuring that practice members in Milan feel part of the global McDermott experience in working within a high quality office environment.
“Our office move in Milan is part of the Firm’s continued investment in both our Italian and European offices, where we have a very strong and expanding business,” said Massimo Trentino, partner-in-charge of our Italian practice. “The Firm’s comprehensive Italian platform perfectly aligns with our European strategy to focus on our core areas of: corporate, competition and antitrust, energy, tax and intellectual property.”
“This year we have taken advantage of changing real estate markets to obtain premier office space for many of our offices around the world,” said Peter J. Sacripanti, co-chair of McDermott Will & Emery in New York. “In just the past 12 months, McDermott has opened new offices, or unveiled plans for new and expanded office space, in six key cities around the world – Brussels, London, Miami, Orange County, Washington, D.C., and now Milan. Additionally, we opened an entirely new office in Paris earlier this year. We're very pleased with these moves and the opportunities they offer us to better serve our clients around the world."
In addition to the new Milan office, the Firm has made a number of high-profile moves in recent months, including:
- In March, McDermott announced the relocation of its London office to Heron Tower, the City of London’s tallest tower and the largest office building in London. McDermott became the first tenants occupying 25,000 square feet in the new landmark building which is 46 stories high and provides 440,000 square feet of office space. Heron Tower achieved a BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) rating of Excellent.
- In April, McDermott announced the opening of its new Paris office on the famed Left Bank. The new Paris office is achieving a key role in the Firm’s strategy of providing quality local advice to clients in all the major economies where they conduct their business.
- In November, McDermott will be relocating its Brussels office to Avenue des Nerviens / Nerviërslaan 9 – 31, a prominent location within the city’s business district, which is closer to our clients as well as the European Commission and other EU institutions.
- In February, the Firm signed a final contract to occupy 171,000 square feet of Class A, office space on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. In this completely refurbished new location, McDermott will be the primary occupant beginning November 2012. The building, which will be known as "The McDermott Building," will be completely renovated and upgraded with state-of-the art technology, including new mechanical and electrical systems, elevators and an entirely new glass façade. The building is being designed to achieve LEED Gold Certification through the U.S. Green Building Council.
- In September, the Firm relocated to a new Miami office in Wells Fargo Center, which is at the heart of the city’s central business district. The Wells Fargo Center was designed for efficiency, flexibility and potential future expansion. Notably, the building was recently certified LEED Gold for environmental conservation and sustainable design by the U.S. Green Building Council. McDermott's new Miami office encompasses 30,205 square feet, allowing for future growth and build-outs.
- In January 2012, McDermott will move from its current office in Irvine, CA to a new location in the same city. The new office will consist of approximately 45,500 square feet of space to accommodate 60+ attorneys.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, the Firm has offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Düsseldorf, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C., and a close strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.
About McDermott Will & Emery Studio Legale Associato in Italy
McDermott Will & Emery Studio Legale Associato was established in 2005. Today, the practice stands at more than 30 well-established and experienced professionals (tax and legal) in Rome and in Milan, with reputations for playing leading roles in major Italian and international transactions. Our lawyers and tax advisers deliver legal services in English, German, French and Italian language to suit the needs of our clients operating internationally.
© 2011 McDermott Will & Emery. McDermott Will & Emery conducts its practice through separate legal entities in each of the countries where it has offices. This communication may be considered attorney advertising. Previous results are not a guarantee of future outcome.