BRUSSELS (5 December 2011) — International law firm McDermott Will & Emery announced today that it has relocated to a new office in Brussels. This is the Firm’s third consecutive office move in Europe, following its expansion in the European cities of London, Milan and Paris.
McDermott’s Brussels practice have relocated to new offices in Avenue des Nerviens 9 - 31. The new space is in close proximity to the Rond Point Schuman and all European Union institutions that are located in Brussels.
“Our new office provide us with additional space and is designed for the future expansion of our practice in Brussels,” said Philip Bentley, partner-in-charge of our Brussels office. “This new and convenient building will allow our expanding multilingual and multinational talent pool of lawyers to offer our clients European competition, international trade and regulatory services from an office which is even closer to the European Commission and the Council of the European Union.”
“Our office move in Brussels is part of the Firm’s continued investment in our European offices, where we have seen increased client demand,” said Peter J. Sacripanti, co-chair of McDermott Will & Emery in New York. “So far this year, we have opened a new office in Paris and relocated existing offices in London, Milan and, now, Brussels. With these moves, McDermott now has coverage in seven cities in the key European Union countries of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. Our goal has always been to be where our clients need us, and this year we have taken great strides to doing just that."
In addition to the new Brussels office, the Firm has made a number of high-profile moves in recent months, including:
- In March, McDermott announced the relocation of its London office to Heron Tower, the City of London’s tallest tower and the largest office building in London. McDermott became the first tenants occupying 25,000 square feet in the new landmark building which is 46 stories high and provides 440,000 square feet of office space. Heron Tower achieved a BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) rating of Excellent.
- In April, McDermott announced the opening of its new Paris office on the famed Left Bank. The new Paris office is achieving a key role in the Firm’s strategy of providing quality local advice to clients in all the major economies where they conduct their business.
- In November, McDermott relocated its Milan office to Via dei Bossi, 6. The new space is located within the heart of Milan's business district and is in close proximity to many of our domestic and international clients.
- In February, the Firm signed a final contract to occupy 171,000 square feet of Class A, office space on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. In this completely refurbished new location, McDermott will be the primary occupant beginning November 2012. The building, which will be known as "The McDermott Building," will be completely renovated and upgraded with state-of-the art technology, including new mechanical and electrical systems, elevators and an entirely new glass façade. The building is being designed to achieve LEED Gold Certification through the U.S. Green Building Council.
- In September, the Firm relocated to a new Miami office in Wells Fargo Center, which is at the heart of the city’s central business district. The Wells Fargo Center was designed for efficiency, flexibility and potential future expansion. Notably, the building was recently certified LEED Gold for environmental conservation and sustainable design by the U.S. Green Building Council. McDermott's new Miami office encompasses 30,205 square feet, allowing for future growth and build-outs.
- In January 2012, McDermott will move from its current office in Irvine, CA to a new location in the same city. The new office will consist of approximately 45,500 square feet of space to accommodate 60+ attorneys.
About McDermott Will & Emery Belgium LLP in Brussels
McDermott Will & Emery Belgium LLP offers clients extensive EU competition, regulatory and trade advice. The office supports the Firm’s antitrust and competition practice to service our global client base. The Brussels office has lawyers of many nationalities, the majority of whom are bilingual, if not multilingual: We have lawyers admitted to practice in several EU jurisdictions, as well as the United States. This international environment fosters a wealth of viewpoints and approaches to the cases we work on which has contributed to an excellent network of contacts internationally over the years.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, the Firm has offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Düsseldorf, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C., and a close strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.