ORANGE COUNTY (January 23, 2012) — International law firm McDermott Will & Emery LLP announced today that it has relocated its Orange County team to a new, expanded office space in Irvine, California that will better facilitate continued growth throughout the Firm’s West Coast operations. This move is part of McDermott’s ongoing effort to align the Firm’s U.S. and international footprint in order to meet sharply increased client demands and position the Firm for future growth.
McDermott’s new Orange County office is relocated at 4 Park Plaza, in the heart of the newly developed City of Irvine Transportation Corridor. The new space, which will accommodate 60+ attorneys, encompasses 45,500 square feet.
“We are delighted to be moving to an office that provides us with the room we need to grow while continuing to nurture our existing relationships with our clients in Orange County and far beyond,” said Fay E. Morisseau, partner-in-charge of McDermott’s Orange County office. “This office has always serviced a wide range of intellectual property prosecution and litigation, corporate, life sciences, securities and commercial litigation, and antitrust matters. While our address has changed, we will continue providing best-in-class services and solutions to our local and global clients across all of these key areas.”
This is the Firm’s sixth consecutive office move and expansion in the U.S. and Europe, following similar moves in Miami, Brussels, London, Milan and Paris in 2011. The Firm has also signed a lease on a new, expanded office space in Washington, D.C., which it will occupy later this year.
“Our goal is to grow the Firm in a smart and strategic fashion to better serve our clients, and the new office in Irvine is a great example of how we are doing this,” said Jeffrey E. Stone, co-chair of McDermott, based in Chicago. “We look forward to working with our lawyers in Orange County to help them achieve their very ambitious goals for 2012.”
“Our office move in Orange County is part of the Firm’s continued investment in growing our practice areas and expanding the McDermott brand with an eye on the future,” added Peter J. Sacripanti, co-chair of McDermott Will & Emery based in New York. “In this case, as in many of the other office moves, we have taken advantage of changing real estate markets to obtain premiere office space at the right time.”
The Firm’s recent office moves and expansions include:
• In October 2012, the Firm will move into 171,000 square feet of Class A, office space on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. In this completely refurbished new location, McDermott will be the primary occupant. The building, which will be known as "The McDermott Building," will be completely renovated and upgraded with state-of-the art technology, including new mechanical and electrical systems, elevators and an entirely new glass façade. The building is being designed to achieve LEED Gold Certification through the U.S. Green Building Council.
• In September 2011, the Firm relocated to a new Miami office in Wells Fargo Center, which is at the heart of the city’s central business district. The Wells Fargo Center was designed for efficiency, flexibility and potential future expansion. Notably, the building was recently certified LEED Gold for environmental conservation and sustainable design by the U.S. Green Building Council. McDermott's new Miami office encompasses 30,205 square feet, allowing for future growth and build-outs.
• In December 2011, McDermott announced the relocation of its Brussels office to Avenue des Nerviens 9 - 31. The new space is in close proximity to the Rond Point Schuman and all European Union institutions that are located in Brussels.
• In November 2011, McDermott relocated its Milan office to Via dei Bossi, 6. The new space is located within the heart of Milan's business district and is in close proximity to many of our domestic and international clients.
• In April 2011, McDermott announced the opening of its new Paris office on the famed Left Bank. The new Paris office is achieving a key role in the Firm’s strategy of providing quality local advice to clients in all the major economies where they conduct their business.
• In March 2011, McDermott announced the relocation of its London office to Heron Tower, the City of London’s tallest tower and the largest office building in London. McDermott became the first tenants occupying 25,000 square feet in the new landmark building which is 46 stories high and provides 440,000 square feet of office space. Heron Tower achieved a BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) rating of Excellent.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Düsseldorf, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Extending our reach to Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.