McDermott has been shortlisted in 16 categories, including “Americas Tax Firm of the Year,” in International Tax Review’s Americas Awards 2013, which features the most outstanding provision of tax services in North and South America between June 2012 and June 2013.
McDermott stands out as one of the firms with the highest number of nominations, with listings in nearly all categories for which the Firm was eligible. Of these, McDermott appears in four ‘Deal of the Year’ categories which recognize the most innovative tax transactions in the last twelve months.
The Firm has been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Americas Tax Firm of the year
- Americas Tax Policy Firm of the Year
- North America Tax Disputes Firm of the Year
- North America Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- North America Tax Firm of the Year
- Americas Tax Restructuring Deal of the Year
- Americas Banking Tax Deal of the Year
- Americas Technology & Communications Tax Deal of the Year
- Americas Consumer Products Tax Deal of the Year
- Chicago Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Chicago Tax Firm of the year
- Dallas/Houston Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- New York Tax Firm of the year
- San Francisco Area Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- San Francisco Area Tax Firm of the Year
- Washington, DC Tax Firm of the Year
The shortlist was derived from peer review and client research conducted for the 2014 editions of World Tax and World Transfer Pricing, as well as from supplementary questionnaires submitted during Spring 2013. The Americas Tax Awards recognizes transactions, cases and planning work which break new legal ground and set market precedents.
The results of the awards will be announced on September 26, 2013, at the Essex House Hotel in New York.
For the full list of nominations, please click here.