Gerresheimer reached the agreement with Nemera Development S.A. to acquire 100 percent of the share capital of Centor US Holding Inc.
The all-cash transaction, which closed on September 1, 2015, is valued at $725 million. With the addition of Centor, Gerresheimer extends its footprint in the primary pharmaceutical packaging market for prescription drugs significantly. Centor will be integrated in the Plastics & Devices Division of Gerresheimer.
The cross-departmental McDermott team was led by New York Corporate Advisory partner Thomas Sauermilch and included:
- Corporate partner Michael Sartor and associates Ling Kong and Alex Miachika, as well as paralegal manager Andrea Duncliffe;
- Antitrust partners Andrea Hamilton and Carla Hine;
- Employee Benefits and Labor partners Stephen Erf, Diane Morgenthaler, Maureen O'Brien and Joseph Urwitz and associate Jeffrey Arnold;
- Environmental partner Daphne Trotter and associate Bethany Hatef;
- Real Estate partner William Stempel and associate Vanessa Barmack
- Financial Institutions partner John Sullivan;
- Health Industry partner James Cohen and associates Vanessa Burrows and Chelsea Rutherford;
- IP partner Michael O'Shaughnessy;
- US and International Tax partner Daniel Zucker;
- Trial partner Ryan Smethurst;
- Discovery counsel Niraj Patel and staff attorney Katie Hill.
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.