New York (June 20, 2016) – McDermott Will & Emery has been recommended by the Legal 500 US 2016 as a leading firm in 38 practice areas. The Firm received four Top-Tier practice recognitions, as well as eight Tier 2 practice area honors. McDermott continues to see growth in its practice area rankings, as the Firm picked up three additional practice recognitions and saw overall improvement from 2015’s rankings.
Among the specific accomplishments for the Firm this year were:
- Maintaining its Tier 1 ranking in Healthcare: Service Providers for the fifth consecutive year. McDermott remains the only firm ranked in Tier 1 for this category.
- Maintaining its Tier 1 ranking in Healthcare: Health Insurers for the fifth consecutive year.
- Holding its Tier 1 ranking in Mergers & Acquisitions: M&A: middle-market ($500m-$999m) for the fifth consecutive year.
- Holding its Tier 1 ranking in Intellectual Property – Patent Prosecution for the second consecutive year.
- Moving up to a Tier 2 ranking in Intellectual Property: Trademarks non-contentious, improving from last year’s Tier 3 rank.
- Being recognized with Tier 2 rankings in the following practice areas: Dispute Resolution: Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense; Finance: Not-for-profit; Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation; Intellectual Property: Trade Secrets; Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation; Tax: Financial Products; Tax: International Tax; Tax: US Taxes: Contentious.
- Receiving three new practice area rankings: Dispute Resolution: Appeals Court of Appeals (Tier 3); Media Telecoms and Technology: Technology: Outsourcing (Tier 3); Finance: Commercial lending: advice to borrowers (Tier 4).
- Having 20 Firm lawyers listed in the elite “Leading Lawyers” List.
- Having 124 lawyers recommended in the editorial across various practice areas. 40 of these lawyers are newly recommended this year.
“We pride ourselves on our commitment to client service, and are proud to see that commitment recognized by our clients and peers in this year’s Legal 500 rankings,” said McDermott co-chairs Jeffrey E. Stone and Peter J. Sacripanti. “Our lawyers are devoted to ensuring the best possible outcome for each and every client.”
For full firm and all lawyer recommendations, client feedback and editorial, please click here.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.