CHICAGO AND NEW YORK (June 30, 2016) – McDermott Will & Emery’s Private Client and Wealth Management practice has received a Band 1 ranking for Private Wealth law in the United States by the Chambers High Net Worth (HNW) 2016 guide. In this first edition of the guide, McDermott is listed as one of only two firms to receive a Band 1 ranking for Private Wealth law in the United States. The Chambers HNW guide noted that, “McDermott Will & Emery can justifiably claim to be the premier coast-to-coast legal practice in the country for ultra high net worth individuals.”
In addition to its nationwide ranking, the Firm received Band 1 recognitions in four state categories, including DC, Illinois, New York, and Northern California. The Firm’s UK office was also recommended as a “Recognized Practitioner” in Private Wealth disputes.
Chambers HNW Guide referred to McDermott’s Private Client practice as, “exceptional, clearly one of the best, if not the best firm, particularly on international estate planning, with a unique and special expertise in dealing with private clients.”
A total of seventeen McDermott lawyers were ranked in the 2016 guide, including thirteen in both state and USA nationwide categories:
- David Baker – Illinois and USA nationwide – Band 1
- Leigh-Alexandra Basha – DC – Band 2 and USA nationwide – Band 3
- Henry Christensen – New York and USA nationwide – Band 1
- Richard Dees – Illinois – Band 2
- Laurelle Gutierrez – Northern California – Band 3
- Carol Harrington – Illinois and USA nationwide – Band 1
- Ellen Harrison – DC and USA nationwide – Band 1
- Amy Heller – New York – Band 3 and USA nationwide – Band 4
- David Herpe – Illinois and USA nationwide – Band 3
- Julie Miraglia Kwon – Northern California – Band 2 and USA nationwide – Band 3
- Richard Lang – Illinois and USA nationwide – Band 3
- Jonathan Lurie – Southern California and USA nationwide – Band 1
- Carlyn McCaffrey – New York and USA nationwide - Star Individual
- M. Read Moore – Northern California – Band 1 and USA nationwide – Band 3
- Nicole Pearl – Southern California and USA nationwide – Band 3
- Nicholas Holland – United Kingdom – Band 2
- Ziva Robertson – United Kingdom – Band 3
“We are extremely proud to see that the lawyers in our Private Client practice continue to be held in such high-esteem by their clients and others in the industry” said McDermott co-chairs Jeffrey E. Stone and Peter J. Sacripanti. “Year after year, McDermott’s Private Client team rises to the top of all the legal directories – rankings that are only possible because of the top-notch caliber of our lawyers, and the outstanding client service they provide.”
McDermott’s Private Client Practice Group represents high-net-worth individuals, families and closely held businesses with an extraordinary focus on the client’s specific, unique objectives. The team of more than 75 lawyers and 30 non-lawyer professionals is recognized as the top private client practice in the United States and among the top practices worldwide. The practice operates out of offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Munich, New York, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Silicon Valley and Washington DC with lawyers regularly working together to service clients of the firm.
For full Firm rankings, great client feedback and editorial commentary, please click here.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.
About Chambers HNW
Chambers HNW guide covers private wealth management work and related specialisms in key jurisdictions around the world, featuring in-depth editorial about the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. Chambers HNW will also feature listings and information about many of the top accountancy and tax firms, private banks, wealth management firms and multi-family offices acting for high net worth individuals.