CHICAGO (July 13, 2016) – McDermott Will & Emery received recognition in the fifth edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000 – The World’s leading Patent Practitioners 2016. “McDermott Will & Emery is among the few full-service international commercial set-ups that can do anything you ask of it in intellectual property.”
The Firm preserved its rankings as a top tier IP firm in the United States, as well as in California, the DC Metro Area, Illinois, Massachusetts, and Texas.
Highlights of McDermott’s accomplishments include:
- United States: National – Recommended in Firms: Prosecution
- United States: California – Recommended in Firms: Prosecution and Transactions; Silver Band in Firms: Litigation
- United States: DC Metro – Recommended in Firms: Prosecution; Silver Band in Firms: Litigation
- United States: Illinois – Recommended in Firms: Litigation
- United States: Massachusetts – Recommended in Firms: Prosecution and Transactions; Silver Band in Firms: Litigation
- United States: Texas – Recommended in Firms: Prosecution; Silver Band in Firms: Litigation
In addition, 22 of McDermott’s lawyers were individually recognized: Stephen Becker, Sarah Columbia, Paul Devinsky, David Dolkas, Margaret Duncan, Michael Fogarty, Daniel Foster, Joel Freed, William Gaede, Jeffrey Gargano, Edward Gordon, Brent Hawkins, Mark Itri, Carey Jordan, Bernard Knight, Hosang Lee, Leigh Martinson, Charles McMahon, Judy Mohr, Steven Spears, Thomas Steindler, and Robert Underwood.
For full rankings across jurisdictions and editorial commentary, please click here.
IAM Patent 1000 recognizes leading firms and individuals in the patent prosecution, transactions and litigation fields based on a five-month research process. Firm rankings are based on the depth of experience, market presence and the level of work on which they are typically engaged. Individual rankings are based on feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.