Düsseldorf (November 15, 2016) - McDermott’s German practice has been highly recommended in the 2016/2017 edition of the JUVE Handbook, the premier guide to the legal market in Germany.
The Firm continues to be ranked among the Top 50 firms, moving into Top 20 ranked firms this year. On a national level the Firm is particularly noted for strong and continually developing practices in corporate, real estate, private equity and healthcare areas. Furthermore, McDermott receives improved rankings in seven practice areas, and is ranked in 11 other areas.
McDermott continues to be ranked in three main regions: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich, receiving improved rankings in the following practice areas:
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration/mediation – Tier 5 and Dispute resolution: Product Liability – Tier 4. The Firm moves into tiered ranking tables for the first time this year from being previously recommended as “other reputable firms for litigation”. McDermott was nominated for “Law Firm of the Year in Dispute Resolution” JUVE Awards 2016.
- Healthcare: transactions in the pharmaceutical sector - Tier 3 and Healthcare: pharmaceutical and medical products – Tier 6. The Firm has entered the tiered ranking tables for healthcare for the first time this year.
- Private Equity transactions (mid-cap) – Tier 3. The Firm has seen ranking improvements over the last several years and climbs straight to Tier 3, from Tier 5 last year.
- Real Estate – Tier 5. The Firm continues a steady move up the ranks, since first being recommended as “other reputable law firm” in 2012/2013 edition.
- TMT: Information Technology: contracts and trials – Tier 4 UP
McDermott’s 22 partners are listed as “recommended”, with new and distinguished recommendations for:
- Sabine Konrad (Trial) - Recommended as a leading lawyer in Dispute Resolution
- Jens Ortmanns (Corporate) – Recommended as a leading lawyer under 50 in Real Estate
- Katharina Wodarz (Health) – Recommended in Healthcare
The Firm has also been ranked in 11 other areas:
- Healthcare - Designated advisers to hospitals, pharmacies and doctors – South
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- TMT: Media Contract & Copyright Law
- TMT: Media Regulation
- TMT: Media Transactions & Financing
- TMT: IT Transactions/Outsourcing
- TMT: Telecommunications: Contracts & Transactions
For full Firm and lawyers rankings, client feedback and editorial commentary, please click here.
ABOUT JUVE HANDBOOK
The JUVE Handbook, now in its 19th Edition, is published in the German language. The guide features rankings and editorial assessments of law firms across a significant range of practice areas and includes detailed regional and national coverage. The directory is renowned for its reports and analysis on the legal market in Germany. Rankings and editorial commentary are based on independent research, and interviews with clients and lawyers.