London (January 6, 2017) - McDermott’s German practice has been ranked as a leading law firm in The Legal 500 Deutschland 2017. McDermott continues to be ranked in 13 key practice areas and has moved up to Tier 1 in Mergers & Acquisitions: major national deals (€500m+).
The Firm performed strongly receiving improved rankings in three other practice areas.
Furthermore 20 lawyers are recommended within editorial, including three in the elite ‘Leading Lawyers’ list. The Firm has been continuously recognized by The Legal 500 Deutschland for the past seven years.
McDermott is ranked in 13 practice areas:
- Corporate – maintained Tier 4 ranking
- Dispute Resolution, Arbitration (including international arbitration) – moved to Tier 3
- Employment – moved to Tier 5
- M&A: major national deals (€500m+) – moved to Tier 1
- Private Equity: Transactions – ranked Tier 5
- Private Equity: Venture Capital – moved to Tier 4
- Real Estate – maintained Tier 3 ranking
- Regulated industries: Healthcare – maintained Tier 3 ranking
- Restructuring – maintained Tier 4 ranking
- Tax – maintained Tier 4 ranking
- TMT: IT Technology (including contracts) – maintained Tier 5 ranking
- TMT: Media: Entertainment – maintained Tier 4 ranking
- TMT: Telecommunications: Regulation – maintained Tier 3 ranking
Three McDermott partners are distinguished within the guide as ‘Leading Lawyers’:
- Sabine Konrad – Dispute Resolution, Arbitration
- Dirk Pohl – Tax
- Stephan Rau – Regulated industries: Healthcare
20 McDermott partners are recommended in editorial, with the following new:
- Gregor Lamla – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Holger Weiss – Real Estate
- Katharina Wodarz – Regulated Industries: Healthcare
LEGAL 500 DEUTSCHLAND
This authoritative guide to Germany’s leading law firms is relied upon by thousands of professionals in the legal market place. It offers a complete listing of over 400 commercial law firms in the country and over 1,500 lawyers. More than a directory, The Legal 500 Deutschland provides a detailed qualitative review of firms and lawyers across 48 specialist practice areas. In compiling the contents of The Legal 500 Deutschland, a team of independent experienced researchers interview hundreds of lawyers every year and around 14,000 client references are taken up.