Rome (January 24, 2017) - McDermott Will & Emery’s Italian tax practice has been shortlisted for LegalCommunity Tax Awards in 10 categories, including six practice categories and four individual lawyer categories.
The Firm’s market leading team scored a nomination for Tax Law Firm of the Year, as well as nominations in the following categories:
- Tax Law Firm of the Year | Consultancy
- Tax Law Firm of the Year | Litigation
- Tax Law Firm of the Year | Patent Box
- Tax Law Firm of the Year | Tax Restructuring
- Tax Law Firm of the Year | Transfer Pricing
- Tax Lawyer of the Year: Carlo Maria Paolella and Andrea Tempestini
- Tax Lawyer of the Year | Litigation: Mario Martinelli
- Tax Lawyer of the Year | Tax Restructuring: Andrea Tempestini
“We are delighted to receive the nominations”, said Carlo Maria Paolella, head of the Firm’s Italian Tax Practice. “They are a testament to the hard work, dedication and first-class reputation of our lawyers and reflect the depth of our experience in advising clients on sophisticated and genuinely innovative transactions.”
The winners will be announced at the annual awards ceremony which will be held on 20 March, 2017 in Milan.
McDermott’s Italian practice has also been shortlisted by Centro Studi Alma Iura for the LOY Prize 2017 in three individual lawyer categories:
- Debt & Equity Capital Markets Lawyer of the Year: Giovanni Nicchiniello
- Project Finance Lawyer of the Year: Marco Cerritelli
- Rising Star (under 35 | Banking & Finance) Lawyer of the Year: Valentina Perrone
The winners will be announced at the annual awards ceremony which will be held in March 2017 in Milan, at Palazzo Mezzanotte - the location of the Italian Stock Exchange.
“We are honored to be distinguished with these nominations”, said Massimo Trentino, head of McDermott’s Italian Practice. “Not only do they reflect the strength of our team but they are also the expression of trust our clients and partners place with us. We are especially proud to see Valentina among the finalists in the “rising star” category”, he added.
Italian-based LegalCommunity is the first legal interactive multimedia platform for lawyers in commercial
About the LOY Prize
The LOY Prize is aimed at recognizing the professional and entrepreneurial excellence in the Italian banking and finance. The 2017 edition received the formal endorsement (patrocinio) of the European Commission.