CHICAGO (February 10, 2017) - McDermott was once again ranked by top tier league tables for its transactional capabilities. These results demonstrate the Firm’s leading position in mid-market transactions globally and M&A and private equity.
The Firm had a record in private equity, ranking 4th for healthcare deals (up from 5th in 2015), and, for the first time, charting in Pitchbook as a top 10 firm in B2B deals and a top 15 firm in buyouts. The firm posted similar wins in Mergermarket, scoring 9th by deal volume for US buyouts (up from 11th) and 14th by global buyouts and exits (up from 28th).
McDermott continues to post heavy deal flow in Q1 2017 and we look forward to what we hope will be another record-setting year.
Highlights of 2016 Q4 M&A League Table Rankings:
Mergermarket (see link to full analysis)
- 9th by Deal Volume – US (buyouts)
- 11th by Deal Volume – US (buyouts and exits)
- 12th by Deal Volume – US Mid-West (M&A)
- 14th by Deal Volume – Global (buyouts and exits)
- 15th by Deal Volume – Global (exits)
Thomson Reuters (see link to full analysis)
- Small-Cap (Deal values up to $50 million)
- 16th by Deal Volume – French Involvement
- 22nd by Deal Volume – US Target
- 22nd by Deal Volume – German Involvement
- 28th by Deal Volume – European Involvement
- 30th by Deal Volume – Worldwide
- 34th by Deal Volume – UK Involvement
- 36th by Deal Volume – Italian Involvement
- 42nd by Deal Volume – Benelux Involvement
Mid-Market (Deal values up to $500 million) (see link to full analysis)
- 17th by Deal Volume – French Involvement
- 24th by Deal Volume – German Involvement
- 27th by Deal Volume – US Target
- 31st by Deal Volume – European Involvement
- 36th by Deal Volume – Worldwide
- 37th by Deal Volume – Italian Involvement
- 42nd by Deal Volume – UK Involvement
- 44th by Deal Volume – Benelux Involvement
Bloomberg (see link to full analysis)
- 20th by Deal Volume – Germany
Pitchbook (Private Equity Deals only) (see link to full analysis)
- 4th by Deal Volume – Healthcare
- 10th by Deal Volume – B2B
- 12th by Deal Volume – Buyouts
McDermott’s Corporate & Transactional Practice represents business interests around the world, from global corporations and industry-leading companies to privately funded and entrepreneurial driven enterprises, private equity sponsors and the financial institutions that support them. McDermott consistently ranks in the leading league tables, including Mergermarket, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg and PitchBook. The Corporate & Transactional Practice Group was named “Team of the Year” for Middle Market M&A/Buyouts by The Legal 500 and is highly ranked by Chambers in the United States, Germany and the United Kingdom.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.