CHICAGO (March 20, 2017) - McDermott continues to be recommended in Chambers Global 2017 guide. The Firm upholds top-ranked global-wide Band 1 position for International Private Client and moves up the ranks to global-wide Band 4 position in Tax. Furthermore, the Firm is recommended for the first time as ‘Recognized Practitioner’ in France: Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration.
The Firm received 11 practice rankings in various jurisdictions, and with 48 lawyer rankings and recommendations, keeps an international presence in the guide, across multiple regions including: Africa, Europe, Canada, Japan, South Africa, South Korea, the UK and the USA.
- McDermott is top ranked global-wide in Band 1 for International Private Client.
- McDermott receives an improved global-wide ranking in Band 4 for Tax.
- McDermott receives practice rankings in the following regions:
- France: Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration – Recognized Practitioner
- Germany: Corporate/M&A – Band 5
- Italy: Corporate/M&A – Band 4 & Foreign Desk for Germany
- South Korea: Corporate/M&A: International Firm – Band 4
- USA: Competition/Antitrust – Band 4
- USA: Intellectual Property: Patent – Band 3
- USA: Outsourcing – Band 3
- USA: Privacy & Data Security – Band 3
- USA: Tax Corporate & Finance – Band 3
- McDermott receives the following new and improved lawyer rankings/recommendations:
- Jacob Grierson – France: Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration – Band 4
- Alexander Lee – USA: International Tax – Band 4
- Soren Lindstrom – Denmark: Corporate M&A - Foreign Expert Based in the USA
- Stefano Mechelli – Italy: Dispute Resolution – Band 3
- Alicia Videon – UK: Restructuring/Insolvency – Band 4
- Hamid Yunis - UK: Banking & Finance: Islamic Finance – Spotlight Table
- Other lawyers who have maintained their rankings include:
- Tim Alvino – (Transactions); Leigh-Alexandra Basha – (Private Client); Philip Bentley – (Antitrust); David Birchall – (Energy); Mélanie Bruneau – (Antitrust); Marco Cerritelli – (Energy); Henry Christensen – (Private Client); David Guedry – (Transactions); Nicholas Holland – (Private Client); Paul Kim – (Transactions); Sabine Konrad – (Trial); Jason Krieser – (Transactions); David Levine – (Regulatory); Philip McCarty – (Tax); Stefano Mechelli – (Trial); Read Moore – (Private Client); Jean-Claude Petilon – (Energy); Clive Stanbrook – (Antitrust); Carsten Steinhauer – (Energy); Massimo Trentino (Transactions); Andrew Vergunst – (Private Client); Philipp von Ilberg – (Transactions); Christian von Sydow – (Transactions); Wilko van Weert (Antitrust); Stephen Wells – (Tax) and Lowell Yoder – (Tax).
- Other lawyers recommended in editorial include:
- Thomas Giegerich – (Tax); Daniel Gottlieb – (Health); Raymond Jacobsen – (Antitrust); Jean Pawlow – (Tax); Thomas Steindler – (IP) and Todd Welty – (Tax).