LONDON (April 10, 2017) - McDermott continues to be recommended as a leading law firm in Chambers Europe 2017. The Firm received 13 practice rankings and 29 individual lawyer rankings across various jurisdictions. McDermott holds top-ranked positions in Germany – Corporate M&A and Germany – Healthcare and a strong Band 2 position in France – Private Equity: Buyouts.
The Firm enters the rankings for the first time in Band 4 in France: Pharma/Life Sciences and is first-time recommended in ‘Other noted firms’ in France: Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration. The Firm received an improved ranking in Germany: Tax, moving up to Band 5.
McDermott is highly ranked in three practice areas:
- Germany – Corporate M&A – Band 1, noted as a "Standout practice advising on cross-border M&A, including share and asset transfers, divestitures, strategic investments and joint ventures" and described as "very client-oriented and detailed but are always able to see the bigger picture."
- Germany – Healthcare – Band 1, a source states that "I would rate their expertise in the constantly changing environment of German healthcare regulatory law as the best in Germany – they are cutting-edge and define what is going on."
- France – Private Equity: Buyouts (Acting for Management) – Band 2, described as a "Respected private equity practice with noted activity on mid-market transactions. Increasingly active in the healthcare sector."
- France: Pharma/Life Sciences – Band 4, the team "Enters the rankings this year owing to notable activity and recognition in the market." Described as having "…remarkable capabilities for regulatory and commercial matters in France and abroad."
- France: Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration – ‘Other Noted Firms’.
- Germany: Tax – moving up to Band 5, described as an "Internationally active tax team advising both privately owned domestic businesses and multinational corporations."
- Jacob Grierson (Trial) – Band 4 in France: Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration
- Stefano Mechelli (Trial) – Band 3 in Italy: Dispute Resolution
- Emmanuelle Trombe (Corporate) – Band 1 in France: Pharma/Life Sciences
- Alicia Videon (Corporate) – Band 4 in UK: Restructuring/Insolvency
- Katharina Wodarz (Health) – Band 3 in Germany: Healthcare
- Hamid Yunis (Health) – Spotlight Table in UK: Banking & Finance: Islamic Finance
- Dirk Pohl (Tax) – Band 1 in Germany: Tax
- Stephan Rau (Health) – Band 1 in Germany: Healthcare
- Henri Pieyre de Mandiargues (Corporate) – Band 2 in France: Private Equity: Buyouts
- Andrea Tempestini (Tax) – Band 2 in Italy: Tax
- Wolfgang von Frentz (IP Litigation) – Band 2 in Germany: TMT Media
- Ralf Weisser (IP Litigation) – Band 2 in Germany: TMT Media
- Philip Bentley (Antitrust); Jacques Buhart (Corporate); Marco Cerritelli (Energy); Jana Grieb (Health); Sabine Konrad (Trial); Mario Martinelli (Tax); Jens Ortmanns (Corporate); Carlo Paolella (Tax); Sylvia Petereit (Health); Jean-Claude Petilon (Energy); Veronica Pinotti (Antitrust); Clive Stanbrook (Antitrust); Andrea Tempestini (Tax); Massimo Trentino (Corporate); Philipp von Ilberg (Corporate); Christian von Sydow (Corporate); Nicolaus von Jacobs (Corporate).
For all Firm and lawyer rankings, great client feedback and editorial, please click here.
To view all Chambers Europe 2017 results click here.
ABOUT CHAMBERS EUROPE
The Chambers Europe guide covers 53 jurisdictions across Europe. Chambers began its research in March 2016 and finished in November 2016; submissions for the Firm’s different offices and practices were provided to Chambers during this time. Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by the largest research team of its kind and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world’s best lawyers and law firms.