LONDON (April 18, 2017) - McDermott has been recommended in The Legal 500 EMEA 2017, receiving rankings in 28 practice areas, with 25 lawyers recommended within the guide’s editorial, and seven of them included in the elite ‘Leading Lawyers’ list. The firm receives three improved rankings moving up to Tier 1 in France: Healthcare and Life Sciences and Germany: Corporate and M&A: Large Domestic Deals, and to Tier 3 in Germany: Dispute Resolution within Arbitration.
McDermott moved up the ranks in three practice areas
- France: Healthcare and Life Sciences – Tier 1. This shows great progress as the team moves up to top tier position after entering the rankings as ‘other recommended firms’ only in 2015.
- Germany: Corporate and M&A: Large Domestic Deals (€500m-plus) – Tier 1. The team has seen a steady rise up the ranks, from previously being ranked in mid-sized domestic deals.
- Germany: Dispute Resolution within Arbitration – Tier 3. The team has been steadily climbing up the ranks over the last several years.
McDermott is recommended in two NEW practice areas:
- Germany: Healthcare and life sciences – Tier 3
- France: Banking and Finance – ‘other recommended firms'
Seven McDermott lawyers are included in the elite “Leading Lawyers” list, which highlights the lawyers that consistently receive praise by their clients for continued excellence in service:
- Sabine Konrad (Trial) – Germany: Dispute Resolution
- Emmanuelle Trombe (Corporate) – France: Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Carlo Maria Paolella (Tax) – Italy: Tax
- Veronica Pinotti (Antitrust) – Italy: EU and competition law
- Dirk Pohl (Tax) – Germany: Tax
- Stephan Rau (Health) – Germany: Regulatory – Pharmaceuticals
- Carsten Steinhauer (Energy) – Italy: Energy
Other McDermott lawyers recommended in the editorial are: Mélanie Bruneau (Antitrust); Jacques Buhart (Corporate); Gero Burwitz (Tax); Marco Cerritelli (Energy); Andrea Granzotto (Corporate); Andrea Hamilton (Antitrust); Matthias Kampshoff (Corporate); Gregor Lamla (Corporate ); Mario Martinelli (Tax); Giovanni Nicchiniello (Corporate); Jens Ortmanns (Corporate); Anthony Paronneau (Corporate); Andrea Tempestini (Tax); Massimo Trentino (Corporate); Ralf Weisser (IP); Wolfgang von Frentz (IP); Holger Weiß (Corporate); Katharina Wodarz (Health).
For full Firm and all lawyer recommendations, client feedback and editorial, please click the button here.
ABOUT THE LEGAL 500
The Legal 500 Series is widely acknowledged as the world’s largest legal referral guide. More than 300,000 corporate counsel are surveyed and interviewed globally each year. The Legal 500 is an independent guide, in which law firms, sets and individuals are recommended purely on merit. The Legal 500 Series' analysis of law firm capabilities extends to 125 jurisdictions worldwide. Used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, CFOs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally - the series is widely chosen for its definitive judgement of law firm capabilities.