LONDON (June 30, 2017) – 28 of McDermott’s European lawyers have been listed as leading in their jurisdiction and practice by The Best Lawyers™ European editions for Belgium, France, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom.
Best Lawyers®, a peer-to-peer review publication that originated in the United States, has been expanding their rankings internationally and gaining credibility and market recognition across Europe. Recognition by Best Lawyers is solely based on peer nominations and votes, and their methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers recognized the following practitioners in the Firm’s offices in:
- Belgium: Philip Bentley (Antitrust)
- France: Carole Degonse (Transactions), Henri Pieyre de Mandiargues (Transactions), Emmanuelle Trombe (Transactions)
- Germany: Carsten Böhm (Transactions), Clemens Just (Transactions), Sabine Konrad (Trial), Jens Ortmanns (Transactions), Dirk Pohl (Tax), Stephan Rau (Health), Arndt Raupach (Tax), Norbert Schulte (Transactions), Sandra Urban-Crell (Employment), Boris Uphoff (IP), Wolfgang von Frentz (IP), Philipp von Ilberg (Transactions), Nikolaus von Jacobs (Transactions), Christian von Sydow (Transactions), Ralf Weisser (IP) and Katharina Wodarz (Health)
- Italy: Giancarlo Castorino (Transactions), Veronica Pinotti (Antitrust), Massimo Trentino (Transactions)
- The United Kingdom: David Birchall (Energy Advisory), Michael Holter (Transactions), Gary Howes (Transactions), Richard Mitchell (Transactions), Andrew Vergunst (Private Client)
To view the full Best Lawyers ranking results, please click here.
About Best Lawyers®
For more than 30 years, Best Lawyers ranking service has helped identify lawyers best qualified in particular jurisdictions and legal areas. Best Lawyers lists are published in leading local, regional and national publications across the globe. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Firms do not provide submissions. Lawyers are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.