New York (June 5, 2017) – International law firm McDermott Will & Emery LLP has been recommended by the Legal 500 US 2017 as a leading firm in 37 practice areas. The Firm received six Tier 1 practice area recognitions, as well as eight Tier 2 practice honors.
McDermott’s emphasis on cross-practice collaboration was specifically cited as one of the Firm’s greatest strengths in the 2017 rankings. In particular, McDermott’s focus on the health industry was referenced across the board in nearly every practice area in which McDermott was recognized.
Additionally, six McDermott lawyers have been inducted into the inaugural Legal 500 Hall of Fame, which highlights individuals who have been recognized by the Legal 500 as a “Leading Lawyer” six straight times and have received constant praise from clients for their continued excellence. These lawyers include Eric Hagen (Intellectual Property), Roger Jones (Tax), Andrea Kramer (Tax), Jean Pawlow (Tax), David Rogers (Labor & Employment) and Robert Zelnick (Intellectual Property).
Some of the Firm’s Top Accomplishments Include:
- Tier 1 for the sixth consecutive year in Healthcare: Service Providers. McDermott remains the lone Tier-1 ranked firm
- Tier 1 for the sixth consecutive year in Healthcare: Health Insurers
- Tier 1 for sixth consecutive year in Mergers & Acquisitions: M&A: Middle-Market
- Tier 1 for the third consecutive year in Intellectual Property: Patent Prosecution
- Tier 1 in Taxes: US Taxes-Contentious
- Tier 1 in Tax: International Tax
- Tier 2 in Dispute Resolution: Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense, Finance: Not-For-Profit, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation, Intellectual Property: Trade Secrets, Intellectual Property: Trademarks non-contentious, Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Tax: Financial Products, Tax: US Taxes – non-contentious
- 21 Firm lawyers listed in the elite “Leading Lawyers” list
- 140 lawyers recommended in the complete editorial; 57 lawyers newly ranked
“It is always an honor to be recognized, but our greatest source of pride comes from what these accolades represent: The deep and enduring results we deliver to our clients,” said Ira J. Coleman, chairman of McDermott Will & Emery. “The additional recognition we received for our cross-practice collaboration reflects our ongoing commitment to work together as one team. Simply put, we bring the right expertise for each client to ensure the best outcome.”
McDermott has continued to receive Tier 1 rankings for health law in all three of the most prominent US law firm directories and surveys that measure client satisfaction: U.S. News/Best Lawyers, Chambers USA and Legal 500 USA. In 2017, the Firm was also awarded with “Healthcare Team of the Year” by Chambers USA and “Healthcare Law Firm of the Year” by U.S. News/Best Lawyers.
For full firm and all lawyer recommendations, client feedback and editorial, please click here.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.