CHICAGO (June 20, 2017) — McDermott Will & Emery is proud to announce that it has maintained its strong position in the sixth edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000 – The World’s leading Patent Practitioners 2017. Each year since the inception of the IAM Patent 1000, McDermott’s intellectual property (IP) capabilities have been continuously recommended across the US with particular emphasis in California, the DC Metro Area, Illinois, Massachusetts and Texas. And this year, McDermott received its very first IAM Strategy 300 ranking with partner Joanne Ludovici listed among the “World’s Leading IP Strategists” who specialize in developing and introducing world-class IP value creation programs.
Other highlights of McDermott’s accomplishments in this year’s IAM Patent 1000 include:
- United Sates: California – Recommended in Prosecution and Transactions; Ranked in Litigation (Silver Band)
- United States: DC Metro Area – Recommended in Prosecution and Litigation
- United States: Illinois – Ranked in Litigation
- United States: Massachusetts – Recommended in Prosecution and Transactions; Ranked in Litigation (Silver Band)
- United States: Texas – Recommended in Prosecution; Ranked in Litigation
In addition, this year McDermott increased its number of individual lawyers ranked among the top patent practitioners to 25 – this is up from 22 listed in 2016. The individual rankings are based on feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate. The 2017 list of McDermott individuals is as follows:
- Germany – Henrik Holzapfel
- United States: National – ITC: Daniel Foster / Post-Grant Proceedings: Bernard Knight
- United States: California – David Dolkas, Daniel Foster, William Gaede, Mark Itri, Fabio Marino and Judy Mohr
- United States: DC Metro Area – Stephen Becker, Paul Devinsky, Michael Fogarty, Bernard Knight, Hosang Lee, Paul Schoenhard and Thomas Steindler
- United States: Illinois – Margaret Duncan, Jeffrey Gargano, Brent Hawkins, Charles McMahon and Ahsan Shaikh
- United States: Massachusetts – Sarah Columbia, Kristin Connarn, Edward Gordon, Leigh Martinson and Robert Underwood
- United States: Texas – Steven Spears
The full results of the IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s leading Patent Practitioners 2017 can be viewed here.
About IAM Patent 1000
IAM Patent 1000 recognizes leading firms and individuals in the patent prosecution, transactions and litigation fields based on a five-month research process. Firm rankings are based on the depth of experience, market presence and the level of work on which they are typically engaged. Individual rankings are based on feedback from peers and clients.
About IAM Strategy 300
The World’s Leading IP Strategists identifies the individuals who are leading the way in the development and implementation of strategies that maximize the value of IP portfolios. These world-class IP strategists are primarily identified through confidential nominations made online plus extensive research and communication exchanges with senior members of the global IP community.
About McDermott Will & Emery
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.