CHICAGO (August 16, 2017) – International law firm McDermott Will & Emery has been recognized in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© with 142 lawyers listed. Being listed in Best Lawyers is an acknowledgement of the lawyers’ talent, legal experience, ethics and professionalism of the highest caliber.
Furthermore, six McDermott lawyers have been distinguished with the “Lawyer of the Year” award, in their respective area and region of practice. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
McDermott is among the top 35 law firms in United States with the most lawyers listed, positioning it as a market leader with continued recognition by peers and market commentators.
- 142 McDermott lawyers listed in 45 practices, across regional jurisdictions.
- McDermott is top listed nationally in the United States (by the number of lawyers recognized), in the following practices:
- Health Care Law – 33 lawyers
- IT Outsourcing Law – 3 lawyers
- Litigation and Controversy: Tax – 13 lawyers
- Tax Law – 23 lawyers
- Practice Groups with highest number of lawyer listings: Health Industry Advisory (36), Tax (36), Corporate & Transactional (27), Litigation (27), Private Client (24) and Intellectual Property (22).
- Six lawyers named as “Lawyer of the Year”:
- Charles Buck (Health) | Health Care Law | Boston
- David Guedry (Corporate) | Information Technology Law | Dallas
- Read Moore (Private Client) | Trusts and Estates | Chicago
- Mark Pearlstein (White Collar and Securities Defense) | Criminal Defense: White Collar | Boston
- David Rosenbloom (White Collar and Securities Defense) | Bet-the-company Litigation | Chicago
- Marc Sorini (Regulatory) | Food and Beverage Law | Washington DC
- Nine lawyers have been listed for the first time in The Best Lawyers 2018:
- Catherine Battin (Tax) | Tax Law
- Jon Dubrow (Antitrust) | Antitrust Law
- Elias Eliopoulos (Corporate) | Real Estate
- Jeanette Hunter (Private Client) | Trust and Estates
- Alexander Lee (Tax) | Tax Law
- Kristin Michaels (Trial) | Labor and Employment
- Megan Rooney (Health) | Health Care Law
- Michael Rosen-Prinz (Private Client) | Trusts and Estates
- Bilal Sayyed (Antitrust) | Antitrust Law
To see McDermott’s full ranking results please click here.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.