Düsseldorf (November 13, 2017) - McDermott’s German practice has continued to be ranked among the Top 25 firms in the 2017/2018 edition of the JUVE Handbook, the premier guide to the legal market in Germany.
The Firm is particularly noted for its solid and continued growth with strong recommendations across three main regions - Düsseldorf, Munich and Frankfurt, with the Frankfurt office also moving up in the rankings.
Overall, McDermott Germany is ranked in 19 practice areas with improved rankings in four areas, including jumping two tiers in Real Estate and gaining a new ranking in Patent court cases/lawyers. Additionally, 26 lawyers are recommended with seven of them newly recommended.McDermott received improved rankings in Healthcare: pharmaceutical and medical products, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate and Tax. Additionally the firm received a new ranking in Patent court cases / lawyers, with the firm recognized for being ‘highly regarded for patent law’ and for ‘[bolstering] its presence on the market with the hire of Henrik Holzapfel (Intellectual Property) who is reputed for work in this area.’
26 McDermott partners are listed as “recommended”, with new and distinguished recommendations for:
- Thomas Beisken (Corporate) – recommended in Real Estate - NEW
- Michael Cziesla (Corporate) – recommended in M&A – NEW
- Ulrich Flege (Corporate) – recommended in Real Estate – NEW
- Henrik Holzapfel (Intellectual Property) – recommended in Patent court cases/lawyers - NEW
- Jan Hückel (Corporate) – recommended in M&A – NEW
- Christian Masch (Intellectual Property) – recommended in TMT: Media - NEW
- Jens Ortmanns (Corporate) – recommended as a leading lawyer under 50, in Real Estate
- Dirk Pohl (Tax) - leading name in tax planning and litigation
- Holger Weiß (Corporate) – recommended in Real Estate - NEW
- Dispute Resolution
- Healthcare: transactions in the pharmaceutical sector
- Healthcare: Designated advisers to hospitals, pharmacies and doctors – South
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity transactions (mid-cap)
- TMT: Media Contract & Copyright Law
- TMT: Media Regulation
- TMT: Media Transactions & Financing
- TMT: Information Technology: contracts and trials
- TMT: IT Transactions/Outsourcing
- TMT: Telecommunications: Contracts & Transactions – recommended – South
For full JUVE 2017/20218 rankings click here.
ABOUT JUVE HANDBOOK
The JUVE Handbook, now in its 20th Edition, is published in the German language. The guide features rankings and editorial assessments of law firms across a significant range of practice areas and includes detailed regional and national coverage. The directory is renowned for its reports and analysis on the legal market in Germany. Rankings and editorial commentary are based on independent research, and interviews with clients and lawyers.