November 30, 2017 – McDermott has maintained its strong position in Benchmark Litigation 2018 with four national Tier 2 rankings as well as five state recommendations. In the 2018 rankings, McDermott has been recognized as a ‘national player’ and acknowledged by clients as “extremely responsive with depth in experience.” The firm has also been noted for providing “excellent service” with 33 lawyers individually recommended.
McDermott is ranked in the following national areas:
- Antitrust – Tier 2
- Appellate – Tier 2
- Insurance – Tier 2
- Intellectual Property - Tier 2
McDermott is ranked in five state categories:
- California – Recommended
- District of Columbia – Recommended
- Illinois – Highly Recommended
- Massachusetts – Highly Recommended
- New York – Recommended
Seven lawyers are ranked as national ‘Litigation Stars’ as well as local stars:
- Miller Baker, Joel Chefitz, Sarah Columbia, Raymond Jacobsen, Steven Scholes, Jeffrey Stone, Margaret Warner.
- Sarah Columbia and Margaret Warner are once again recognized among the “Top 250 Women in Litigation.”
The following 16 lawyers are ranked as ‘Local Litigation Stars’:
- Anthony Bongiorno, Jeffrey Brennan, Marisa Chun, Jon Dean, David Dolkas, Linda Doyle, Fredric Firestone, Gordon Greenberg, Todd Harrison, Mark Pearlstein, David Rosenbloom, Kerry Scanlon, William Schuman, Reed Stephens, Paul Thompson, Anthony Upshaw.
The following four lawyers are recognized as ‘Future Stars’:
- James Commons, Christopher Murphy, Lisa Richman, Charles Weir.
The following seven lawyers are recognized as ‘Top Litigators Under 40’:
- Natalie Bennett, James Commons, Nitin Gambhir, Michael Huttenlocher, Nicole Jantzi, Gregory Jones, Dana McSherry.
For all Firm and lawyer rankings, client feedback and editorial, please click here.
About Benchmark Litigation
Established in 2007, Benchmark Litigation identifies the leading US trial attorneys and firms at the local and national levels. Rankings and editorial commentary are based on interviews with lawyers and in-house counsel, law firm submissions. Benchmark Litigation conducts their research annually between February and June.