1:00 – 2:00 pm EST
The substantial recent uptick in anti-kickback and Stark enforcement should inform compliance committee conduct. McDermott Will & Emery is pleased to present a complimentary two-part webcast series that will focus on this enforcement and provide practical advice on how to react to new developments. Part One of the series will discuss a more proactive, aggressive role for the compliance committee in response to increased anti-fraud activity.
Our panel of distinguished McDermott lawyers will discuss the following topics:
- Overview of the director's duty to exercise oversight of compliance plan effectiveness
- Review of the most recent enforcement actions and judicial decisions
- The Office of Inspector General's permissive exclusion authority
- Connecting the dots between the new developments and how they affect compliance committee oversight and judgment
- Practical action items and recommended questions for the compliance committee to pursue
Eric Gordon, Partner
Russell Hayman, Partner
Michael W. Peregrine, Partner
For more information, please contact McDermott Events.
CLE credit for the live presentation of this program is pending in the following states: California, Illinois, New York and Texas. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states. Please be advised that CLE credit will not be approved for on demand/recorded viewings of this program in the states listed above. Attendees seeking credit in other states should consult their state CLE accrediting agency to determine whether self-study credit can be earned for on demand/recorded viewing of this program.