Hosted by McDermott Will & Emery, this complimentary Boot Camp is designed to provide entry- and mid-level private equity fund professionals with a thorough overview involving many of the legal aspects typically encountered with a buyout transaction. This fast-paced, interactive event will leave participants with a deeper appreciation and understanding of the many components of and considerations involved in buyout transactions.
Topics to be covered include:
- Driving value through choice of transaction structure—calculating the benefit of the step-up in basis of assets
- Purchase price adjustments—working capital, setting the target and the post-closing true-up
- Understanding key terms in purchase agreements, such as forms of purchase price, including earnouts, indemnification rights and obligations, and market trends
- Developing equity incentive programs for management—rollover equity, options, restricted stock, profits, interests and other incentives, including tax treatment to the company and employee, vesting (time and performance goals) and consequences upon termination of employment (forfeiture and repurchase options)
- Negotiating financing arrangements, which includes current financing structures, strategies and trends, commitment letter terms and financial covenants
This program is complimentary. Space is limited, so secure your spot today.
CLE credit is pending in California, Illinois and New York. Certificates of Attendance will be made available for participants requesting CLE credit in all other states.