4:30 – 6:00 pm EDT — In person or via webcast
McDermott Will & Emery
500 N. Capitol St., NW
Washington, DC 20001
This web-based and in-person program will provide the analysis and insight necessary to understand how the various election outcomes will impact your business. Our political insiders will briefly handicap the upcoming U.S. Presidential race, Senate races and the control of the House and Senate. More important, we will spend the bulk of our time analyzing what the election outcome could mean for industries such as government contractors, high tech, energy, health care and financial services.
Some of the questions our panel will answer include:
- Will the lame duck session produce gridlock or results?
- What does the election indicate for the Bush tax cuts, the Alternative Minimum Tax and tax reform efforts in 2013?
- What will be the fate of health care reform?
- Will financial regulatory reform be rolled back?
- Will sequestration take place?
- Will cyber security be resuscitated?
- Will the election hurt or help the “Doc Fix”?
- Will the election be tantamount to an up-or-down decision on building the Keystone Pipeline?
- What will be the post-election fate of federal incentives for renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, hydro and biomass?
The All Star Panel
Thomas M. Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs, Deloitte & Touche, Former Seven-Term U.S. Congressman
Ellen Doneski, Staff Director, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation
Stephen M. Ryan, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Former U.S. Senate Committee General Counsel
David G. Noren, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Former Legislation Counsel to the Joint Committee on Taxation
Eric Zimmerman, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Health Industry Advisory Practice Group