12:00 pm – 1:30 pm EST
Due to high interest in these topics, we have turned the previously in-person event into a webcast.
Please click here to view the presentation slides.
McDermott Will & Emery is pleased to invite you to a complimentary webcast focused on pressing issues facing the health care industry. We have assembled panels composed of leading lawyers, consultants and government officials, including Kim Van Winkle, Chief of the Antitrust Section at the Texas Attorney General’s Office. Our seasoned panels of health law leaders will provide insight and guidance to help health care providers contend with the rapidly changing landscape related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), federal and state antitrust issues, and the unique employee benefits challenges affecting the health care industry.
PPACA—It’s the Law: What's Your Next Step?
- Accountable care organizations (ACOs) and clinical integration: What to do now
- Internal structural and operational realignment for the next generation of public and private pay
- Keys to the kingdom in quality metrics, outcomes assessment and pay for performanceion of public and private pay arrangements
Gary Scott Davis, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
James J. Pizzo, Managing Director, Kaufman Hall & Associates
Health Care Antitrust—Assessing Litigation Risk and Getting Deals Done in an Aggressive Enforcement Environment
- Kim Van Winkle will lead the discussion with her thoughts on the current enforcement environment at the state level.
Kim Van Winkle, Esq., Chief, Antitrust Section at the Texas Attorney General’s Office
Alison L. Smith, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Allan Van Fleet, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Select Benefit Issues for Health Systems
- Employee health and welfare plans: PPACA implications
- Retirement plans: Using a lump sum payout window to manage pension liability
Amy M. Gordon, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Mary K. Samsa, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Stephen W. Bernstein, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
For more information, please contact Stuart Davis at sdavis mwe.com or +1 202 756 8324.
CLE credit is pending in Texas. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states. Click here for more upcoming events.