About the Event
Employee data privacy regulations are evolving rapidly. Legislators at both the national and the European level are outdoing each other in terms of introducing changes and the speed at which they are doing so. In all this, it is important for companies to keep themselves informed, stay in contact with the competent authorities, and observe the common practice. Our event strives to promote dialog with the regulatory authority as well as communication between companies.
Counsel on Data Privacy within Companies
McDermott Will & Emery has years of experience in advising clients in all matters relating to data protection and privacy regulations, in particular also data protection and privacy within companies. Our specialists from the areas of labour law and TMT (technology, media & telecommunications) work together closely across offices and national borders. In particular, we advise clients regularly on the following topics:
- Drafting of company agreements and Internet guidelines
- Drafting of inter-company agreements within and outside of the EEA states
- Internal investigations
- Disciplinary consequences in the event of Internet abuse, etc. at the workplace
Our clients include leading German and international companies of all sizes, public enterprises, and private individuals. With our know-how and our international practice groups cooperating across our various offices, we are able to solve complex matters competently and swiftly.
Our expertise is reflected not only in the ongoing successful counseling of clients, but also in regular publications and events on this topic.
- 6:00 p.m. Registration
- 6:20 p.m. Welcoming address: Dr. Paul Melot de Beauregard
- 6:30 p.m. Employee data privacy – a legislator's fiasco, or a moment of bliss for employees: Thomas Kranig, President of the Bavarian Regulatory Authority for Data Protection and Privacy, Ansbach
- 6:50 p.m. Stumbling about in the dark – a plea for legally reliable, well-balanced employee data privacy laws for European corporations: Dr. Jyn Schultze-Melling, Lawyer, Group Data Protection and Privacy Officer, Allianz SE, Munich
- 7:10 p.m. Private Internet use within the company: Dr. Florian Vogel, Lawyer, Siemens AG, Munich
- 7:30 p.m. Discussion
- Followed by Hors d'oeuvres