Elimination of Bias: Understanding Gender Stereotypes and the Rules for Better Gender Communication
9:00 – 10:30 am PST – Breakfast will be served
McDermott Will & Emery LLP
Conference Room: Universal (Enter through 38th Floor, Main Reception)
2049 Century Park East, Suite 3800
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Understanding gender stereotypes allows lawyers and other professionals to find effective ways to work around them, eliminating biases and improving gender diversity in the professions. Join McDermott Will & Emery Partner Andrea S. Kramer at this important program where she will discuss how professionals can benefit from understanding gender stereotypes and biases, and substantially improve their professional status by learning the “rules” of the gender communications game. She will also discuss how men can benefit from an understanding of gender stereotypes and biases, and identify gender differences between the communication styles of many men and women.
- Additionally, Andrea will offer tips for eliminating bias in the professions and leveling the playing field using common business scenarios by:
- Flagging some of the most common gender stereotypes
- Teaching ways to understand gender differences in communication styles
- Providing techniques that women can use to become more effective communicators to stakeholders in their professions
- Illustrating how to eliminate gender biases in business settings, evaluations and reviews
- Providing concrete “Do’s and Don’ts” for self-evaluations
For more information, please contact Nick Latham at +1 650 815 7549.
For Attorneys: This program will satisfy the elimination of bias CLE requirement for lawyers in California.