8.45 am - Registration and breakfast
9.00 - 10.15 am - Employment seminar and discussion
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP
London EC2N 4AY
NEXT STOP IN OUR HOW TO SERIES!
McDermott Will & Emery’s Employment Group is pleased to announce the latest in our popular HOW TO series of complimentary breakfast seminars.
In the HOW TO series, we take a practical look at the key employment issues you and your contemporaries have told us you are facing. We highlight the latest legal developments, and draw on our wealth of experience to give you pragmatic, user-friendly guidance on HOW TO deal with these matters confidently and effectively.
In our next session, we will be looking at HOW TO… Get to Grips with TUPE, and we would be delighted if you could join us.
Early 2014 saw the introduction of some significant changes to TUPE. Now that these developments have bedded down, we will take you through the latest techniques for effectively handling some of the major TUPE issues that typically arise in the context of external acquisitions and internal restructurings. Topics we intend to cover include:
- Spotting TUPE – The things to look out for to tell that TUPE might apply.
- Deal documentation, structure and timing – How the commercial and HR considerations work together.
- Effective information and consultation – Tips for how to run an efficient and effective process.
- Changing employee terms – and workplaces – Options and strategies for changing terms post-transfer, including a look at the latest position on changing workplaces following a TUPE transfer.
- Interplay between TUPE and collective redundancy consultation – How employers can use the new TUPE rules to streamline the two processes.
This seminar will be a cutting-edge look at HOW TO use the latest legal developments in this area to your advantage that even the most experienced HR professional should find useful.
We are eager to hear your views! Members of the Employment Group will be on hand before and after the seminar to discuss any issues affecting your business. We hope to see you there.
For more information, please e-mail rsvptomcdermott mwe.com