Health care and life sciences companies increasingly operate in a digital environment. McDermott Will & Emery is hosting a complimentary four-part webinar series to explore the practical business considerations and to simplify the regulatory complexity of digital health, including health information technology (IT), big data, mobile health and telehealth.
The series will address how digital health is transforming the following four foundational dynamics and the implications of this transformation for your business:
- Health IT: Collection, analysis and sharing of health information
- Big Data: Identification and pursuit of innovative products, services and business methods that facilitate patient access to care, improve quality of care and reduce costs
- Mobile Health: Role of the patient in his/her health care
- Telehealth: Doctor-patient relationship
Big Data Part I: Data-Driven Life Sciences Innovation, Personalized Medicine and Research
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
12:00 – 1:30 pm EST
To view the PowerPoint from the program, please click here.
Data-driven solutions are a powerful tool for the life sciences sector and research community. This program will explore how life sciences companies, research institutions, providers and informatics businesses can successfully navigate the regulatory landscape for big data to develop, introduce and differentiate products. The following key questions, among others, will be addressed:
- Overview of Regulatory Framework — How can big data initiatives be structured to comply with key federal laws?
- Data Registry Creation and Management — What are the data stewardship and data governance considerations?
- Emerging Partnerships — What is the role of the government and industry for data initiatives in the life sciences?
- Personalized Medicine — How is data used to deliver personalized medicine at the bedside?
- Biospecimens — How does the introduction of annotated biospecimens affect the big data landscape?
- Genomic Age – What does it mean to engage in big data initiatives in an age of genomic medicine?
Amy Hooper Kearbey, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
Matthew Hawryluk, Ph.D., Senior Director, Corporate & Business Development, Foundation Medicine Inc.
Jennifer C. King, Ph.D., Director of Data Governance for CancerLinQ, American Society of Clinical Oncology
Terence Hogan, Director of Law & Compliance, Amgen Digital Health at Amgen
Jennifer S. Geetter, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THESE UPCOMING WEBINARS!
- Big Data Part 2: Data-Driven Changes to Payment Models, January 13, 2015
- Mobile Health & Telehealth: Mobile and Telehealth Technology Create New Business Opportunities, February 10, 2015
About McDermott Will & Emery LLP
McDermott Will & Emery LLP (McDermott) is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,100 lawyers, McDermott has have 18 offices around the world and a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai. McDermott has over 75 years of serving a broad range of client interests. With a more than 30-year history of serving the health care industry, McDermott also has one of the United States’ largest and most prestigious Health Industry Groups.
For more information, please contact McDermott Events.
CLE credit for the live presentation of this program is pending in the following states: California, Illinois and New York. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states. Credit shall be awarded only for attendance of the entire webinar; no partial credit shall be awarded for attending a portion of the webinar. Please note that in accordance with applicable state MCLE rules regarding attendance validation, each attendee seeking credit must log in to the webinar individually. Credit will not be granted for multiple attendees using one log in. Please be advised that CLE credit will not be approved for on demand/recorded viewings of this program in the states listed above. Attendees seeking credit in other states should consult their state CLE accrediting agency to determine whether self-study credit can be earned for on demand/recorded viewing of this program.