Health care providers, payors and life sciences companies increasingly operate in a digital environment. McDermott Will & Emery is hosting a complimentary four-part webinar series to explore the practical business considerations and to simplify the regulatory complexity of digital health, including health information technology (IT), big data, mobile health and telehealth.
The series will address how digital health is transforming the following four foundational dynamics and the implications of this transformation for your business:
- Health IT: Collection, analysis and sharing of health information
- Big Data: Identification and pursuit of innovative care delivery and payment models, products, services and business methods that facilitate patient access to care, improve quality and coordination of care, and reduce costs
- Mobile Health: Role of the patient in his/her health care
- Telehealth: Doctor-patient relationship
Big Data Part II: Data-Driven Changes to Care Delivery and Payment Models
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 pm EST
To view the archived presentation, please login with your email by clicking here.
To view the PowerPoint from the program, please click here.
To view the supplemental materials, please click here.
In response to the current demands for innovative ways to deliver and finance the delivery of health care, industry stakeholders are turning to data-driven strategies to improve the quality, accessibility, effectiveness and affordability of care, and to transition from fee-for-service to value-based purchasing. This program will review the practical considerations and legal and regulatory issues implicated in the use of data by providers seeking to build new care delivery models and by payors for new payment models to meet these demands. The following key questions, among others, will be addressed:
- Strategic Goals and Objectives – What are the strategic goals and objectives of the key stakeholders, and what are the significant forces driving them?
- Payment-Related Data – How do health plans develop and implement data metrics and analytics to support development and implementation of innovative payment models that incentivize improvements in quality, outcomes and affordability?
- Clinical Data – How do providers develop and implement data metrics and analytics to support development and implementation of innovative care delivery models that incentivize improvements in quality, outcomes and affordability?
- Collaboration Strategies – How are health plans, providers and other stakeholders collaborating to enhance their data strategies, and why?
- Legal and Regulatory Planning Considerations – What key legal and regulatory barriers, hurdles and risks are associated with the individual and joint data strategies of the various stakeholders, and how can they be managed to achieve an acceptable degree and allocation of risk?
Alexander Dashe, Director, Clinical Integration Operations, Allina Integrated Medical Network
Bernadette M. Broccolo, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
Daniel F. Gottlieb, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
For more information, please contact McDermott Events.
CLE credit for the live presentation of this program is pending in the following states: California, Illinois and New York. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states. Credit shall be awarded only for attendance of the entire webinar; no partial credit shall be awarded for attending a portion of the webinar. Please note that in accordance with applicable state MCLE rules regarding attendance validation, each attendee seeking credit must log in to the webinar individually. Credit will not be granted for multiple attendees using one log in. Please be advised that CLE credit will not be approved for on demand/recorded viewings of this program in the states listed above. Attendees seeking credit in other states should consult their state CLE accrediting agency to determine whether self-study credit can be earned for on demand/recorded viewing of this program.