12:00 – 12:30 pm PDT – Registration and Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 pm PDT – Discussion
McDermott Will & Emery
4 Park Plaza, Suite 1700
Irvine, CA 92614
Inter partes review proceedings under the America Invents Act (AIA) are a powerful tool that can make many patents vulnerable to invalidation before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). In the past year, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has received more than 2,000 requests for inter partes review under the AIA.
Join us to discuss recent PTAB decisions on these inter partes review requests, including trial statistics and, most importantly, the lessons learned on issues arising both before and after trial institution. Our interactive discussion will address the following questions:
- Why is inter partes review an effective strategy either in combination with or as an alternative to traditional litigation?
- What are the practical procedural hurdles in inter partes review proceedings?
- What are effective strategies for patent owners and petitioners?
For more information, please contact Tricia Wyse.
- Mark J. Itri, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Nathan S. Smith, Counsel, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
CLE credit is pending in California, Illinois, New York and Texas. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states.
McDermott Will & Emery's roundtables are designed for the educational benefit of a company president, CEO, general counsel or other executive with an interest in the topic. Please be advised McDermott has the right to restrict attendance and may limit participation in this event.