10:00 – 11:00 am EDT
To view the archived webinar, please click here.
Please join McDermott Will & Emery for a webinar designed for professionals doing business in China. According to a recent article published in The National Law Journal by webinar panelist Jared Nelson, “information flowing from China has recently been targeted for regulation and restriction, often with severe penalties imposed even for mistaken or seemingly harmless violations.” This trend presents a potentially dangerous scenario for professionals and companies with operations in China.
Our panelists will draw on their experience as litigators and e-discovery professionals to provide an in-depth examination of the following topics:
- Managing business operations in the shadow of the “Great Firewall of China”
- How the People’s Republic of China regulates the transmission of labeled and unlabeled state secrets
- Industry-specific regulations, including those affecting the banking and health sectors
- How regulations are expected to change in 2015
- Best practices for managing exports of data for discovery review in relation to U.S. litigation
Leon C.G. Liu, Partner, MWE China Law Offices
Jared T. Nelson, Foreign Counsel, MWE China Law Offices
Yodi S. Hailemariam, Discovery Counsel, McDermott Discovery
For more information, please contact McDermott Events.
CLE credit for the live presentation of this program is pending in the following states: California, Illinois, New York and Texas. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states. Please be advised that CLE credit will not be approved for on-demand/recorded viewings of this program in the states listed above. Attendees seeking credit in other states should consult their state CLE accrediting agency to determine whether self-study credit can be earned for on-demand/recorded viewing of this program.