8:30 am - 3:00 pm EDT
McDermott Will & Emery
340 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10173
To view materials from the meeting click here.
McDermott Will & Emery cordially invites you to join us for our next invitation-only Benefits Innovators Roundtable, to be held in our New York office on May 19, 2015. Our roundtables feature experienced benefits professionals and McDermott employee benefits lawyers coming together to discuss novel and unique employee benefits ideas and best practices, providing a forum for you to explore and discuss these innovative ideas with your peers. Previous events in this series have led to spirited discussions about a broad range of cutting-edge benefits topics, and we hope you will be able to join us. We are honored to have Elena Laskow from Colgate Palmolive and Randy Cherkis from Evonik joining us as Lead Innovators in this thought-provoking roundtable series.
These roundtables fill up quickly, so please register soon by clicking the “Register Here” button above. We hope you will be able to join us.
8:30 - 9:30 am: Breakfast | Networking with Roundtable Members
9:30 - 9:45 am: Introduction of Participants | Goals of the Roundtable
9:45 - 10:15 am: The Latest Darling of Plaintiffs' Lawyers - Lawsuits by In- and Out-of-Network Health Care Providers Against Employer Health Plans - McDermott Attorneys, with Randy Cherkis, Evonik
10:15 - 10:45 am: Indirect Considerations When Your Company No Longer Offers a DB Plan - Early Retirement Incentives, Savings Plan Distribution Options, Etc. - McDermott Attorneys, with Elena Laskow, Colgate Palmolive
10:45 - 11:00 am: Break
11:00 am - 12:00 pm: Hot Issues in Data Privacy
- Dealing with HIPAA Data Breaches
- Data Privacy Protection for Your Service Provider Contracts
12:00 - 1:00 pm: Lunch
1:00 - 3:00 pm: Moderated Brainstorming Sessions
- New Fiduciary Liability Implications for 401(k) Brokerage Windows and Target Date Funds
- New Options for Your 401(k) Fund Line-Up – ETFs, Custom Target Date Funds, White Label Funds
- DOL to Broaden “Fiduciary” Label and Definition – How Will This Affect You?
- Updates on Recent Supreme Court Cases – King v. Burwell, State Same-Sex Marriage Bans
- Latest Thinking on Company Stock Funds in 401(k) Plans
- How to Handle Uncashed Checks
- Best Practices for Record Retention
3:00 pm: Closing Remarks