McDermott Will & Emery invites you to join us at our fourth annual Intellectual Property Symposium, an innovative conference designed for in-house counsel and other intellectual property (IP) professionals. The symposium will include interactive panel discussions covering a broad range of current IP and antitrust issues. Our panels will feature in-house counsel from major corporations, lawyers from McDermott’s global IP and antitrust practices, and other industry thought leaders.
A balance of panel discussions and networking opportunities will create the ideal forum for you to consult with and hear from your peers and provide fresh perspectives on managing your most difficult challenges effectively and efficiently.
Award-winning journalist Lisa Ling is the host of This is Life with Lisa Ling, on CNN. Lisa was formerly the executive producer and host of Our America on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Lisa uses her role as a journalist to focus on positive social change. She will discuss her own career path in her explanation of how journalism plays an important role in the world around us, and how, as times continue to change, it can be a force for propelling the world forward in new and positive ways.
The symposium will include panel discussions on:
- Lessons Learned and How the PTAB Proceedings Have Changed Patent Litigation
- Analyzing the Current Climate of Government Enforcement in the IP/Antitrust Arena and How it Affects Your Ability to Enforce Your IP
- Addressing IP Issues in Social Media
- Case Studies and Strategies for Maximizing Your Success in the District Court, International Trade Commission, USPTO and Other Forums
- The Evolution of Software-Related Innovations in Light of the Supreme Court’s Decision in Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank International
- Guarding Your IP Secrets
- Ethical Considerations in Transactions
*Pursuant to its responsibilities as an Accredited Provider of MCLE in various states, McDermott Will & Emery has adopted Financial Aid/Financial Hardship policies to assist attorney participants who are unable to attend programs due to cost considerations. CLE credit, including ethics credit, is pending in California, Illinois, New York and Texas. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states. For more information, please contact McDermott Events. Please be advised McDermott has the right to restrict attendance and may limit participation in this event.