7:45 – 8:30 am EST – Registration and breakfast
8:30 – 10:30 am EST – Roundtable discussion
Boston Marriott Burlington Hotel
One Burlington Mall Road
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
Our panel will analyze the major developments and changes in patent law during 2015, and discuss the key cases to watch in 2016. The discussion will include the following topics:
- The Supreme Court of the United States’ decisions in Commil USA, LLC v. Cisco Systems, Inc. and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA v. Sandoz, Inc.
- The Federal Circuit’s decisions, including Akamai Techs., Inc. v. Limelight Networks, Inc.; Biosig Instruments, Inc. v. Nautilus, Inc.; Carnegie Mellon University v. Marvell Technology Group, Ltd., et al.; In re BRCA1- and BRCA2-Based Hereditary Cancer Test Patent Litigation; and Sandoz Inc. v. Amgen Inc., which affect patentability, claim construction, indirect infringement, preliminary injunctions, appellate jurisdiction, venue, issue and claim preclusion, permanent injunctions, damages, attorneys’ fees and sanctions
- Practical and case law implications of the continued America Invents Act implementation, including interpretation and application of key procedural rules guiding inter partes review and covered business method review
For more information, please contact Paul Lazdowski.
- Sarah Chapin Columbia, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Christopher C. Barry, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Leigh J. Martinson, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Robert H. Underwood, PhD, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
CLE credit is pending in California, Illinois, New York and Texas. A Uniform Certificate of Attendance will be made available to participants requesting CLE credit in all other states.
McDermott Will & Emery's IP Management Roundtables are designed for the educational benefit of a company president, CEO, general counsel or other executive with an interest in intellectual property. Please be advised McDermott has the right to restrict attendance and may limit participation in this event.