4:00 – 5:30 PM CDT
McDermott Will & Emery
2501 North Hartwood Street
Dallas, TX 75201
To view the archived presentation, please click here
Innovative medical technology, pharmaceutical, health care providers and software companies are increasingly forming strategic partnerships to engage patients, develop innovative user experiences, distribute products through new sales channels and deliver value to patients and their insurers.
Our cross-disciplinary digital health team offered a panel discussion on the important business, legal and regulatory considerations for strategic partnerships relating to mobile apps and other software-driven technology for the health care industry.
The panel addressed the following:
- Key intellectual property issues in co-development, including use of open-source software;
- Critical data use and ownership rights and restrictions, including HIPAA and other privacy law requirements for the aggregation and de-identification of health data;
- How to allocate ongoing responsibilities with respect to SaaS and hosted software, including support, maintenance, cybersecurity disaster recovery and other service levels;
- Strategies for risk avoidance and sharing, including limitation of liability for security breaches;
- Considerations relating to FDA regulation of health software; and
- Reimbursement considerations under value-based payment models.
For more information, please contact Jessica Knies at +1 617 535 3944.
Catch what happened lived during the event at #MWEHealthIT