The Capital Grille
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- The Supreme Court of the United States’ decisions in Cuozzo, Halo, and Samsung v. Apple and their effect on inter partes review (IPR) and district court proceedings.
- How upcoming cases in 2017, such as TC Heartland and Impression Products could impact choice of venue in patent infringement cases and exhaustion of US patent rights.
- How the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit’s 2016 decisions, including Enfish, In Re Queen’s University, WBIP, LifeNet Health, Wi-Fi One and Husky Injection Molding Systems, affect patent eligibility of computer-implemented inventions, privilege of communications between a non-lawyer patent agent and client, enhanced damages after Halo, the preservation of claim construction disputes for appeal and appealability of an IPR based on time-bar petitions under § 315(b) and assignor estoppel.
- The Supreme Court’s granting of certiorari in Lee v. Tam and its lasting impact on trademark law, including other trademark owners along the lines of the Washington Redskins.
- How the Ninth Circuit’s decision regarding attorneys’ fees in Sun Earth affects trademark litigation and the implementation of pre-Octane standards for such fees.