Counsel Margaret M. Duncan will lead a session on 'Patent and Technology Licensing' at the Practising Law Institute's (PLI) course 'Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2018', hosted in Chicago on November 1-2, 2018.
This session will cover:
- Standard clauses and variations
- Important differences between patent and other technology licenses
- Defining the license scope (including fields of use and territorial limits)
- Negotiating compensation (royalties, milestone payments, license fees, etc.)
- Representations, warranties, and indemnities
- Sub-licensing rights
- Handling patent licensing issues in the context of joint development and software integration projects, including rights to improvements
- Rights and responsibilities for filing, prosecution, maintenance, defense and enforcement of patent rights.
For more information, please click here.