International law firm McDermott Will & Emery represented W. Brown & Associates Insurance Services (WBAIS), the aviation industry’s leading source of general aviation insurance products and services, in the sale of its business to Endurance Assurance Corporation, a US-based subsidiary of Sompo International, one of the world’s largest providers of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance.
- This transaction was completed on December 21, 2020.
- McDermott Will & Emery acted as legal counsel to WBAIS.
- This transaction secures W. Brown & Associates Insurances Services as a full member of the Sompo International corporate family.
- The McDermott team was led by Michael Halsband, Bob Clagg and Smith Alpert and included Jennifer Mikulina, John Lutz, Terence McAllister, David Neville, Dan Doron, Erin Turley, Joshua Lerner and Sandra Ghobraiel.
- Dowling Hales served as financial advisors to WBAIS.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices and industries to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
KERRI CHACE+1 617 535 4145