National Health Care Leaders Join Forces In Nashville to Address The Industry’s Most Pressing Topics
McDermott Will & Emery will convene leaders from the Physician Practice Management (PPM) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) sectors at the 2019 Physician Practice Management and ASC Symposium, held May 7-8 at Nashville’s Music City Center. During this annual two-day event, presenters and attendees will come together to identify and discuss the unique issues and opportunities facing both the PPM and ASC industries.
“It’s exciting to bring together key PPM and ASC industry players in Nashville, the epicenter for health care,” explained Jerry Sokol, partner and Symposium Co-Chair. “This unprecedented event will enable industry leaders to address the critical business, transactional and regulatory issues impacting their growth and profitability, including taking a deep dive into industry trends. Additionally, the on-site networking opportunities will provide ways to directly share best practices, to help attendees achieve their business objectives.”
The Symposium discussions will explore a variety of critical issues facing the PPM and ASC industries, including:
• The sustainability of the ongoing and rapid PPM proliferation: what is working and what is not.
• How increased physician practice consolidation is affecting ASC companies and health systems.
• The current state of transactions in the PPM space, including hot sectors and valuation trends.
• The impact of new reimbursement and regulatory changes on PPM and ASC revenue and profitability.
More than 700 industry executives will gather to share their perspectives over the course of this event.
Panel session topics include:
• State of the PPM and ASC Industries
• PPM and ASC 2019 Transaction Outlook
• Washington Update – Reading the Tea Leaves
• Private Equity’s View on PPMs
• PPM and ASC Company Acquisition Strategies
• Alternative Options for Physicians: Minority Transactions and Affiliation Models
• PPM-ASC-Health System Collaborations
• The Next Generation of PPM Models and Structures
• Physician Compensation and Alignment Strategies
• Adding Real Value to Managed Practices
Presenting companies include:
• Advanced Dermatology
• Bain Capital
• BDO USA
• Covenant Surgical Partners
• Dental Care Alliance
• DuPage Medical Group
• Envision Healthcare
• EyeCare Services Partners
• Gastro Health, LLC
• H.I.G. Capital
• Jefferies LLC
• Lee Equity Partners
• MEDNAX, Inc.
• Physicians Endoscopy
• Radiology Partners
• Steward Heath Care
• Surgery Partners
• Surgical Care Affiliates
• United Surgical Partners International
McDermott Will & Emery is the nation’s leading health care law firm. The Health Industry Advisory group is the only health practice to receive top national rankings from U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms,” Chambers USA, The Legal 500 US, and Law360. The practice was also recognized by Chambers as “Health Team of the Year” in 2010, 2013 and 2017. McDermott has held the top spot in PitchBook’s League Tables as the most active firm for health care private equity since 2017.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. With 20 locations on three continents, our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and geographies to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,100 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.