Superb Service and Deep Business Acumen Drive McDermott’s Standout Rankings in Chambers USA 2019
International law firm McDermott Will & Emery LLP was recognized as a leading firm in 42 practice areas in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA. The Firm garnered rankings in nine national and 33 state practice categories and maintained its national Band 1 positions in both the Healthcare and Food & Beverage (Alcohol) categories.
McDermott is one of only two top-ranked firms nationally for Food & Beverage (Alcohol), maintaining its Band 1 ranking for the 14th consecutive year. Chambers cited client feedback that McDermott’s practice remains “the gold standard” in alcoholic beverages law. Interviewees also commended the team’s ability to solve their most complex problems, adding “They are subject matter experts offering superb customer service – only a few firms could rival their collective expertise and depth of experience in this field, and even fewer offer their pragmatism and value.” Head of the Firm’s Alcohol Regulatory & Distribution Group Marc Sorini was again recognized as a “Star Individual” in the category and described as “one of the best in the business.”
For the 10th consecutive year, McDermott received a Band 1 national ranking in the Healthcare category. The Firm also received Band 1 rankings in California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts and Washington, DC. Chambers described the practice as a “well-established and highly respected healthcare powerhouse which handles complex, multijurisdictional transactions for high-profile clients.” Clients appreciate that “they have successfully gone coast to coast with their practice” and offer “great resources and talented individuals.”
McDermott had 104 individual lawyer recommendations across multiple practice areas in 2019. These included 22 Band 1 rankings and 14 Band 2 rankings. There were 18 lawyers newly recognized this year and 11 lawyers who received improved rankings.
Highlights of McDermott’s practice achievements include:
• Nationwide: Food & Beverages: Alcohol – Band 1
• Nationwide: Healthcare – Band 1
• Nationwide: Outsourcing – Band 2
• Nationwide: Tax: Controversy – Band 2
• California: Healthcare – Band 1
• District of Columbia: Healthcare – Band 1
• District of Columbia: Insurance: Insurer – Band 2
• District of Columbia: Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets – Band 2
• District of Columbia: Tax – Band 2
• District of Columbia: Intellectual Property: Patent Prosecution – Band 2
• Florida: Healthcare – Band 1
• Florida: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity – Band 2
• Illinois: Healthcare – Band 1
• Illinois: Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation – Band 1
• Illinois: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Band 1
• Illinois: Tax – Band 1
• Illinois: Antitrust – Band 2
• Illinois: Intellectual Property – Band 2
• Massachusetts: Healthcare – Band 1
• Massachusetts: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Band 2
• Texas: Technology: Outsourcing – Band 1
• Texas (Dallas, Fort Worth & Surrounds): Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Band 2
McDermott has also been recognized as a “complete powerhouse” in the 2018 Chambers High Net Worth Guide. The Private Client Practice received the only national Band 1 ranking in the US for Private Wealth Law.
Click here for full details about the Firm’s rankings and editorial commentary from Chambers USA.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. With 20 locations on three continents, our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and geographies to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,100 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.