International law firm McDermott Will & Emery is pleased to announce it has again been recognized as a leading firm by Chambers USA with 56 practice rankings, 17 of these in nationwide categories. The Firm gained five new practice rankings and six improved practice rankings, along with 15 Band 1 and 14 Band 2 national and state rankings. According to a client surveyed, “McDermott Will & Emery has an incredible platform with really deep expertise on really big issues.”
Lawyer recognitions increased to 158 individual lawyers ranked with 26 rankings for 2022, including 30 Band 1- and 25 Band 2-ranked lawyers. “The lawyers not only deliver top-level legal services, but they go above and beyond in providing the market research and analysis to support their conclusions and recommendations,” another client commented.
Additionally, the Firm has won “Healthcare Law Firm of the Year” for the fifth time earning a Band 1 national ranking for the 13th consecutive year, achieving an “elite” designation. The healthcare practice also maintained its Band 1 rankings in California, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois and Massachusetts.
Practice ranking highlights include:
- Nationwide: Healthcare: The Elite – Band 1
- Nationwide: Food & Beverages: Alcohol – Band 2
- Nationwide: Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Band 2
- Nationwide: Outsourcing – Band 2
- California: Healthcare – Band 1
- California: Tax: State & Local – Band 1
- California: Litigation: General Commercial: Highly Regarded – Band 2
- District of Columbia: Healthcare – Band 1
- District of Columbia: Insurance: Insurer – Band 2
- District of Columbia: Tax – Band 2
- Florida: Healthcare – Band 1
- Florida: Tax – Band 2
- Florida (South): Corporate/M&A & Private Equity – Band 2
- Illinois: Labor & Employment: Highly Regarded – Band 1
- Illinois: Healthcare – Band 1
- Illinois: Employee Benefits & Compensation – Band 1
- Illinois: IP: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets – Band 1
- Illinois: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Band 1
- Illinois: Tax – Band 1
- Illinois: Antitrust – Band 2
- Illinois: Intellectual Property – Band 2
- Illinois: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity – Band 2
- Massachusetts: Healthcare – Band 1
- Massachusetts: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Band 1
- Massachusetts: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Band 2
- New York: Tax: State & Local – Band 1
- Texas: Technology: Outsourcing – Band 1 (the sole top-ranked Firm)
- Texas: Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded – Band 2
- Texas (Dallas): Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Band 2
For our full Firm and lawyers’ rankings, additional client feedback and editorial commentary, visit Chambers.com.
ABOUT CHAMBERS USA
Chambers USA rankings and editorial commentary are based on independent research, and interviews with clients and other purchasers of legal services. Chambers & Partners is one of the premier directories for legal services and in a survey of 20,000 in-house counsel over half reported that their directory of choice when reviewing law firms and individual lawyers is Chambers & Partners.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices and industries to deliver highly effective solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Erin West+1 202 756 8135
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145