Amira Shaker acts for ultra-high net worth and high net worth individual clients, their family offices and respective investment holding companies on corporate transactional and advisory matters.
Amira’s primary area of expertise is advising on complex investment structuring and wealth management as well as acting for clients on the acquisition of high-value assets and financial instruments in Europe, the US and the Middle East. The majority of Amira’s client base is in the Middle East where she acts for Ruling Family PEPs and their corporate structures. Amira focuses on advancing the goals of Women in Business and advises a number of prominent Middle East female investors and high-net worth female PEPs on their investments worldwide.
Amira has over a decade’s experience in advising on cross-border, multi-jurisdictional acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and funding arrangements in member states of the Arabian Gulf Cooperation Council and the wider Middle East North Africa region.
- Advised a number of Gulf Ruling Family members on multiple diversified acquisitions and investments in Europe, the United States and the Middle East
- Advised a prominent investment holding company controlled by a Gulf Ruling Family Member on a number of private equity investments in the EU and United States
- Advised a leading UAE Investment Holding company on its complex exit from defunct Cayman Islands funds
- Advised a number of Gulf Ruling Family Offices on the legal structuring & management of their respective diverse and large investment portfolios
- Advised a Gulf Investment Holding Company on the acquisition of a high value IP Asset and the structuring surrounding commercialisation of this asset
- Advised a female owned healthcare investment consultancy on a joint venture with leading European healthcare provider
- Advised ACWA Holdings on USD120 million disposal of 50% of its Saudi piping and coating divisions. This complex transaction included a subsequent joint venture with Welspun (a USD3 billion group listed on BSE and NSE). ACWA is the largest private provider of water in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia*
- Advised SCA (a company listed on the Swedish stock exchange and one of the world’s largest manufacturers/suppliers of branded personal care products and consumer goods) on its joint venture with Nuqul Group, based in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The deal involved simultaneous acquisition of branded businesses in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, with due diligence on operations in 16 jurisdictions*
- Advised a leading DFM listed Construction Company and general contractor on the issuance of a convertible bond to an Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund*
- Advised on the privatization of the catering business of Saudi Airlines (Saudia)*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2022 – 2023
Northwestern University, LL.M. 2011
Cairo University, LL.B. 2003
State of New York