Dr. Deniz Tschammler counsels pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers of medical devices and in vitro diagnostics, providers of healthcare platforms as well as their investors in complex sector-specific projects. He advises his clients on the various regulatory challenges of the German and European health market, transactions and strategic collaborations, disputes in competition and with authorities, market entry and reimbursement pathways, data protection and the establishment of compliance organizations.
Deniz helps his clients develop digital health business models. He has broad experience in elaborating disruptive technologies and innovative data strategies in compliance with laws, including those based on the comprehensive analysis of health data and the use of artificial intelligence.
Deniz also has a strong public law background beyond the health and life sciences sector. He regularly advises investors on investment control issues in Germany and the European Union and represents them in clearance procedures with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action. In addition, he provides legal and strategic support to his clients in the context of regulatory investigations or administrative penalty proceedings.
Deniz has in-depth economic and market expertise, which he has underpinned with an Executive MBA from the University of St. Gallen. He is the author of numerous publications in the field of health and life sciences, a member of the Digital Future Committee of the German Pharmaceutical Industry Association (Bundesverband der Pharmazeutischen Industrie e.V.) and a regular speaker and panelist at renowned events in the health and life sciences industry.
- Lifespin GmbH on the conclusion of a research cooperation with Biobank Graz and the Clinical Department of Oncology at Medical University of Graz
- AUCTUS Capital Partners AG on the sale of PharmaLex Group
- Myonex, Inc. to acquire Hubertus Pharmacy’s clinical trial business
- STADA Arzneimittel AG on a licensing collaboration with Calliditas Therapeutics AB for the approval and marketing of a novel specialty pharmaceutical candidate for the treatment of the chronic autoimmune kidney disease immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN)
- Merck KgaA in negotiations on a cooperation agreement with neuroloop GmbH, an early-stage start-up company of B. Braun Group
- The Legal 500 Germany 2023: Expert in the field of healthcare
- Handelsblatt/ Best Lawyers™ Germany 2022: Leading Lawyer for Pharmaceutical Law
- Thomson Reuters, Stand-out Lawyer – independently rated lawyers, 2023
- Euromoney LMG Rising Star EMEA: Life Sciences 2021-2022
- The Legal 500 Germany 2021/2022: Awarded as Rising Star in the Health Sector
- JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien 2020-2023: Awarded as Rising Star in Health (under 40)
- Association for the Promotion of the Research Center for Pharmaceutical Law at the Philipps-University of Marburg
- German-American Lawyers Association
- German Pharmaceutical Industry Association (BPI)
University of St. Gallen, Executive MBA, 2021
King’s College London, LLM, 2013
Higher Regional Court of Wiesbaden, Second State Examination, 2012
Philipps University of Marburg, Dr. jur., 2011
Goethe University of Frankfurt, First State Examination, 2008
Universities of Frankfurt and Lyon, Diploma in French Law, 2007