Ari is a global transactions partner in McDermott’s capital markets group. Ari focuses on a variety of corporate finance transactions, including U.S. and cross-border capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation, and corporate governance for public and private companies. Ari represents operating companies, investors and investment banking firms in a wide variety of corporate finance transactions. Ari also advises clients on fiduciary duties, corporate governance and disclosure compliance. Ari’s clients are located, and/or transact, across the globe in a broad range of industries, including life sciences, healthcare, asset management, technology, energy, and entertainment.
- Representing North Atlantic Acquisition Corporation in its $1.3B de-SPAC acquisition of TeleSign
- Represented FTAC Emerald Acquisition, underwritten by Goldman Sachs, in its initial public offering
- Represented Athena Technology Acquisition Corp., an all women-led special purpose acquisition company, underwritten by Citigroup, in its US $250 million initial public offering
- Represented SomaLogic in its US $1.2 billion business combination with CM Life Sciences II, Inc. (NASDAQ: CMIIU), a special purpose acquisition company*
- Represented European Sustainable Growth Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in the US $580 million de-SPAC acquisition of ADS-TEC Energy*
- Represented SPAC in connection with its proposed acquisition of one of the largest European e-commerce companies*
- Represented Complex Networks in its sale by Verizon and Hearst to Buzzfeed for US $300 million as part of Buzzfeed’s business combination with 890 5th Avenue Partners, Inc. (a SPAC)*
- Represented a professional musician in his sale of ownership interest in two cannabis related companies to a Canadian SPAC*
- Represented Athena Consumer Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its US $200 million initial public offering*
- Represented Citigroup, as sole bookrunner and representative of the underwriters in Shoulder Up Technology Acquisition Corp.’s, a special purpose acquisition company, US $265 million initial public offering*
- Represented Chardan NexTech 2, a special purpose acquisition company, in its US $100 million initial public offering*
- Represented Sierra Lake Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its initial public offering*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
Fordham University School of Law, JD, 2005
Yeshiva University, BA, summa cum laude, 2000