Lauren H. Evans advises clients on litigation matters, with a particular focus on commercial disputes. She has experience in a broad range of litigation matters in both state and federal courts. She has represented clients in breach of contract and business disputes, products liability and toxic tort lawsuits, accounting firm defense and regulatory matters, and Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act litigations, among others. Lauren also maintains an active pro bono practice, including successful representation of a minor human trafficking victim in the dependency system. Lauren joined the Firm’s Washington D.C. office in 2018 after previously practicing in McDermott’s Miami office.
While in law school, Lauren was an editor on the Florida Law Review and worked for the Public Defender’s Office in Gainesville, Florida, where she successfully represented clients in misdemeanor jury trials, evidentiary hearings, pretrial proceedings, and other matters before the court.
- Defended a putative class action seeking to block a healthcare client’s reorganization as a mutual insurance holding company and force a transfer of $1.6 billion to policyholders and secured dismissal of follow-up actions.
- Obtained complete victory for health and dietary supplement manufacturer in arbitration concerning alleged breach of contract, winning more than $2.5 million in compensatory damages, attorneys’ fees and costs, and denial of all counterclaims.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of Telephone Consumer Protection Act class action against health insurance provider.
- Assisted with acquisition and consolidation of more than 200 OB/GYN physician groups.
- Represents large fast food restaurant in Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act cases, securing dismissal of two actions to date.
- Represents managed care entities, healthcare practice groups and physicians in connection with shareholder and contractual disputes, non-compete agreements and regulatory issues.
- Assisted hospitality client facing significant federal investigation.
- Represented alcohol beverage client in investigations by multiple regulators.
- Prevented involuntary confinement of foster child in locked residential facility on a pro bono basis.
James Madison University, BA, magna cum laude, 2013
University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2016
District of Columbia