Fausto Giacomet focuses his practice on structured finance and is a member of the Firm’s ESG, Impact and Sustainability group.
He has significant experience in debt securities issuances, repackaging programmes, synthetic securitisations, actively managed certificates, exchange traded products, repos, stock loans and OTC derivatives for private equity funds, pension funds, asset managers and banks.
Prior to joining McDermott, Fausto spent time working at a UK law firm in its structured finance and derivatives team. He has also gained experience working in the legal team of a multinational bank and practiced corporate and M&A in Brazil with a local firm associated with a multinational law firm.
- Acted as lead associate in the private M&A from a private fund to acquire a stake in, and subscribe for profit participating notes issued by, the parent company of a risk retention holder of a series of securitisations*
- Acted as lead associate in bespoke financing arrangements for a pension fund to acquire exposure to banks’ core lending activities through synthetic securitisations*
- Coordinated the establishment of the first exchange-traded note programme of a boutique asset manager, providing leveraged exposure to specific shares by the use of leveraged indices*
- Acted for a specialist provider of risk finance to small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) to support such enterprises in light of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic*
- Acted as lead associate for a European bank to securitise its portfolio of loans to infrastructure and energy-related projects, releasing capital to increase lending to further projects that help fight climate change*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
London School of Economics, LLM, 2012
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do sul, Brazil, Bachelor of Laws, 2008
England and Wales