Simon Gibb focuses his practice on tax advice, trust and estate planning for UK and non-UK resident and domiciled individuals, including on the protection and devolution of trust assets. While he advises on all aspects of personal taxation and structuring, his practice has an emphasis on the structuring of family businesses through trusts and foundations. Simon is regularly involved in both non-contentious and contentious tax work.
Simon also advises individuals, family offices and trustees of offshore settlements on trust law matters and UK tax matters.
- Advising on and establishing, funding and restructuring of private trust company structures, including advising on the choice of jurisdiction and drafting trust instruments and funding documentation
- Advising trustees and beneficiaries of non-UK trusts on tax and administration issues, including assisting with the resolution of disputes between trustees and beneficiaries
- Advising individuals on UK residence and domicile planning, on UK tax planning and on UK tax and succession planning, including representing them in Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) inquiries
- Advising as part of a multi-jurisdictional team defending a high-net-worth individual during a revenue authority’s audit of their tax reporting
- Involved in the preparation of an expert report on trust law for submission to a non-common law jurisdiction’s courts in the context of an intra-family trust dispute
- The Legal 500 UK, Recommended Lawyer in Private Client – Personal tax and trusts, 2020 – 2023
- The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom, Trusts and Personal Tax Law, 2023
- eprivateclient “Top 35 Under 35” 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Private Client Global Elite “Ones to Watch” 2018 and 2019
- Citywealth Leaders List, 2018
BPP Law School, London, LPC, 2008
University of Bristol, LLB, Honours, 2007
The Law Society of England and Wales